The Frisco High Line

Awesome video! I checked it out yesterday when it popped up in my feed. Attention to detail is really stunning in this route.

Thanks. I have tried to pay close attention to detail in every town and in between on the route. I'm afraid TANE isn't going to play nice with a lot of these "details" and I won't be able to find suitable replacements. :(

Thanks. I have tried to pay close attention to detail in every town and in between on the route. I'm afraid TANE isn't going to play nice with a lot of these "details" and I won't be able to find suitable replacements. :(
Even if I decided to upgrade down the road I'd still leave 2010 just for this route!

This is Frisco local #54 making moves to pick up additional rolling stock in Bolivar, Mo. Train #54 will end up in Clinton, Mo at 12:45 to interchange with the MKT (Missouri Kansas Texas) Railroad.

Hi Derrick

The video really shows off the Bolivar area nicely. It's good to see how you've continued to develop it in such detail and it reminds me of all the fun I had making a few of the assets that populate that section.

Seeing the MFA grain silo there prompts me to relate this sorry tale: this asset, along with some others, became a 'built-in' asset in TS12. In the process, someone at N3V up-versioned it's kuid number (although still leaving it as a TS2010 object) tinkered with its LOD and absolutely ruined it. It leaps from the highest- to lowest-detail mesh in one step, so large chunks suddenly disappear at very close range. Not having TS12 myself, I only became aware of this after N3V released several such TS12 built-ins onto the DLS recently. It was too late for me to fix most of them before their life-cycle policy cut off DLS uploads for TS2010 assets.

I am currently working to fix assets that suffered this fate, but I will no longer release updates at TS2010 build numbers, since I can't upload them to the DLS. I will need to jump straight up to T:ANE build numbers. So I can't continue making TS2010 assets for the High Line, but I'd be most willing to continue the partnership if and when we both have T:ANE.

In the meantime, if you notice any strange behaviour in my assets after downloading updates, it would be worth checking if they are ones that N3V "improved". You can spot them by the presence of foreign language tags in the config file (e.g. 'username-xx' or 'description-xx', where -xx are code letters for the language). I've never added such tags myself. If possible, revert back to the previous version of the asset and see if that restores order.

Sorry about these problems, we are victims of N3V's generosity.

~ Deane

Last edited:
Hi Derrick

~ Deane

How are you doing good buddy! Hope you had a great vacation.

Your top tier assets help highlight the details on this route. Without them it just wouldn't be the same. It's a shame that NV3 has ruined the LOD on some of your assets. I don't understand why they couldn't leave the existing LOD if they couldn't get it right. Very sad. I haven't updated my large collection of assets for some time. I just don't see much value in doing so until I have TANE.

I plan on diving into TANE pretty soon. I'm still letting some of the dust settle. Then the daunting task of fixing assets or replacing them for the Highline will be looming. :( From some of the recent TANE screenshots I've seen I think I'm excited at what the Highline could be.

I'm looking forward to your continued support!

Derrick

Last edited:
Locomotive #697 pushes a couple of Union Pacific boxcars and a home road tanker to the North Clinton yard on a hot summer day.

EcX6krW.jpg

mC87lqc.jpg

pHFS1zM.jpg

0l8UOnV.jpg

Your route is fantastic, sorry I didn't realize it before .:) But a person can grow old re-reading posts on this form, again vary nice route and shots

Great updates, though if I could make a suggestion, if you turn the Fog Setting down to off, your backgrounds will get alot crisper and sharper looking. The Fog setting I feel like was used by N3V to hide extended areas where there either wasn't anything to see, or on computers unable to deal with that many assets. Your rig however Seems more then up to the job.

Good Luck, and keep up the good work,
-Falcus

I'm on the road for business and looked through most of this thread last night. Amazing stuff. Liked the video's, screenshots and enjoyed the talk about research. Its actually quite humbling to see such quality work and realize that I could not match it...but will keep on having fun with trainz and work on my route. This route and some others being inspiration to do better work.

Thanks for the comments. I haven't really worked on the route for the last year waiting, waiting, and waiting for a stable version of TANE. I didn't want hours of work to be wasted because I was using assets that wouldn't work in TANE. I'll try installing SP1 if it ever comes out. I don't want to deal with beta testing and flaky versions of TANE. I don't have the patience. :p

Last edited:
Back