TOPSIG iPortaling V3

Ok I have my ports on DP all linked on NESW now keep in mine any train crossing my route will take a few hrs due to the size I run duel tracks just so you know if its taking a train along time thats why also my units use fuel propane mostly. no kidding a train would take 4hrs to cross my full map at 80mph. Max train size I can handle is 300 or 25000 tons I have alot of yard to full.

any qusitons

~grins wolfishly~
Be careful saying that you just might get a train that big

I can not understand why I-portals can't be set close to a large yard where it will only take a few minutes to reach the yard from a I-portal and a few minutes to get to the next I-portal from the yard. If it going to take a hour to go from portal to portal and 30 minutes to switch cars on and off the train then that 1-1/2 hours someone has to wait. most session will only last 3 hours and one train wont make it to all the players.
Come on guys have some respect for others.

You have a point Danny, but keep in mind that some people do not use or like to use AI to run trains. Consequently, they are running multiple trains with no assistance. The lengthy route allows them to keep trains farther apart, safer, and running while they are off in another part of the route assembling a cut of cars to add to an approaching train. If let a train run while they do switching elsewhere, that means less time that the mainline train has to wait for loading and train assembly. Thus, the train reaches the next player faster.

Just a reminder, passenger equipment is also allowed 4 engines and 10 cars. I know some people are not running them, some of us are.

JIb228, has trainsim1995 dropped out? I did not see him in the matrix and he had picked BN which jhuravitch wants.

Last edited:
Ok. Jib I'm still going to be joining you guys. One question can I use jointedrail freeware or not?

No you can't Trainsim. And if your in again, you'll have to change railroads and you'll have to make a better effort to show up to sessions. You where only in one session last time and even then you where only there for an hour or so.

Exactly which lumber load is everyone using? The kuid would be great.

Deleted. Missed one note on earlier post.

Last edited:
Ok, Train 2 is now in the train orders list. This one starts out at Danny, and makes it way to James.

Now Danny, you'll add 15 cars of Bauxite, 12 cars of Cattle feed on pallet, and any 10 empty cars you have. Next you'll send that train to Charles.

Charles, you'll take the 10 empty cars. You'll add 20 cars of Automobile Engines and 10 cars of Cattle. Then that train is off to me.

I'll take all the Automobile Engines and add 19 cars of cement and 6 cars of Automobile's. The the train heads over to GN.

GN, you'll take 15 cars of Cement leaving 4 in the train. You'll also add 20 cars of logs. Then its off to Ken.

Ken, this train has a lot for you. The 12 cars of Cattle feed on pallet, 6 cars of Automobile's, 4 cars of Cement, and 10 of the 20 cars of logs are all for you. Before sending the train off to James, you'll add 25 cars of Oats.

James, there should be; 15 cars of Bauxite, 25 cars of Oats, and 10 cars of Logs. All of these are for James.

Now my recommendation is this. Every one gets those cars ready and puts them on one train in the yard. Then when Danny has the train ready to send out he lets Charles know its on its way. Then when it gets to Charles, he makes not of the lead locomotives number ad notes down that it has orders. Then he add his cars, which should should be ready and waiting on a yard or siding track and he takes off what is meant for him. Then we repeat this with each user the train gets to. So I make note of the lead locomotives number, do my thing. Then GN dose the same thing.

Also of note, that once Train 2 has been sent form Danny, Danny can get another Train 2 started up. We can have as many Train 2's running as we have cars for.

I'll keep making up more train orders before our first meet.

Exactly which lumber load is everyone using? The kuid would be great.

Also, I hate to say this but if there is a session on July 6, I will not be able to join. A few friends and I are going to the lake for the weekend, the 5th to the 7th.

Its all ready been said that there is no session the 6th. First session is July 13th.

As for the log loads, download the iPortal consists from Ken. Any product in any of those cars are the ones we are using.

How many locos should be sent out on the front of the starting train? the train will be getting longer as it goes.

How many locos should be sent out on the front of the starting train? the train will be getting longer as it goes.

Just a thought, could do like Union Pacific does, just adapt it to our system. As a train gets longer people can add locomotives to the train, but leave the original engines as the lead engines. For example, GN sends me a train but I add 50 loaded cars to it. His Great Northern engines would remain the lead units, but I might add 2 BN locos behind them so the train can handle the additional cars. Again, just throwing out an idea.

Thank you Ken for the kuid.

Last edited:
OK new update (more to come) iPortalGNV2.CDP is now on the Google drive space. If you have the previous iPortalGN consist installed remove the consist only not the equipment, I am going to reuse the KUID for one of our new members. Also don't forget to right click and pick download on the iPortalGHV2 to get all the added dependencies

Last edited:
I think that while in a session our main task is to move trains from one person to the next.(right) Not knowing just many trains will start, but I think it will be at least 4, so we should be Busy with that. I would hope that a train from me to Charles to Bluewater would take no more then 45 minutes.
That 3 minutes from me to Charles, 15 minutes from Charles's portal to yard 15 minutes to swipe out cars & 15 minutes to Bluewater's portal.
Now are we going to take care of our other players or service our INDs while in session? We have at least a week to service our INDs and have trains made up for the next session.
Jib why should we send out empty cars on the first session? If we send out all loaded cars then there will be more people getting loaded cars and something for them to do thru out the week and have empties to return as well as loaded ones the next session.

"Why send out empty cars?"

A few answers to that one.

1. It is more protypical. A lot of trains have empties on them.
2. If all we send are loaded how does someone who produces a product keep filling cars while all his are out on route. (Yes I know we can spawn consist but kinda brakes immersion)
3. I don't know how others feel about this but I like to see product for me arrive in my own railroad's colors at times.

As for the first session?

It would get the whole thing in motion from the beginning instead of trying to implement after the setup has become habit. It will keep a mix of cars and consist on the tracks. Besides if all we send is full cars we will run out of places to put empties.

Only sending loaded cars on the first session so thur out the week you will have time to unload them and load up new ones for the next session.
I will not be loading someone else cars with the product I produce. (ATSF cars should carry only what I produce)
You should have en ought cars on your route to supply everybody 3 times.
Do I understand this right, do we send trains to 4 players now? I think that would be a bit to much. We can't get trains from one person to another now. Let kept it as is for now. A to B to C & so on and if B not there then it go to C. Do it the other way at the same time. This way by the end of the session everybody should have a lot of cars to deal with thur out the week. Kepting the session just for sending and receiving of trains.
Now on the 11 or 12th we all should DL Ken's CDPs Install them and check for missing dependences.
How can I figure out how many carloads I need of something? I don't know this one, but I have 50 cars of what I produce loaded and ready to go.

Back