I've Started a Route. I'm Going To Finish It!

captainkman

You are reading this.
I've started building a fictional branch line. I'm not sure when it's set, but it's going to be set in England since that's which country's trains I prefer and know the most about.

I've done some basic trackwork now but I currently only have a shot of the landscape from the minimap.

Maybe this will inspire other people to make routes like this?

This is being built in TS2010 build 49933.

Enjoy. :)

Kieran.

Well... in my city there is a legend that if it is ever completed, the the devil will climb up from hell and destroy it
I worry that it might be the same for my Trainz routes, so all of them are unfinished :D

That is a very cool idea. I considered doing one with my name on it when I saw this but my name's too long for it. Even SOU1581 is 7 letters. Ugh. Well, keep it up! I'll be watching this one with interest.

I now have the majority of the trackwork done. I'm going to add a station or two then it'll be on to the scenery and txtures. Suggestions are welcome. :)

The loco depot:

The first (and currently only) station:

The power station:

The coal mine:

And the track from the map view:

Enjoy. :)

Kieran.

I like it, All that it might need is the edges of the letters to be smoothed out a little, but that may not be possible because it may screw up everything, otherwise, looks good.

I think it would look better if the recessed letters were flooded and the towns, track and stations were on the "hills". You would need lots of bridges.

Back in the '70s there was an Aussies rock band called the Skyhooks that brought out a very catchy song called "Ego is not a dirty word". That should be your theme song Kieran. :hehe:

Cheers

I have in the past written my name on routes as a pond or in a formation of trees. :hehe:

I will admit that this route does make me look slightly arrogant. :D

Kieran.

I was thinking of making a little mesh plate like the cast iron plate manufacturers used to put on locos with my name on it. Then I would position it somewhere in a loco cab or somewhere on an asset.

If you have made something, and you are proud of it, then why not say so.

I am proud of Herbie so I made 'Captainkman OFP 857' numberplates for it.

I'm on to adding more scenery detail to my route - the place where I usually struggle.

Kieran.

"I've Started a Route. I'm Going To Finish It!"

Yeah, I keep saying that, too. So far my score is:
Started-7
Finished-0
:D

same, or thereabouts, though the Titfield Thunderbolt route (inspired by the line in the movie of the same name) is close to being let free to roam society...god help us all :hehe:

I like it, All that it might need is the edges of the letters to be smoothed out a little, but that may not be possible because it may screw up everything, otherwise, looks good.
My reasoning behind the rough edges is that it looks slightly more natural, i.e. not formed by man, if scenery like this could be considered natural!

I'm thinking of lowering the height of the letters to make the route look more like British countryside than it currently does. Thoughts?

Hopefully Trainz will start working soon and I can get in and get working!

When a man asks for an opinion, he is really only asking for confirmation on a decision he has already made. ;)

Kieran.

Last edited:
eisj...when I started with trainz I had these visions you know....thought I was going to make all kinds of cool goodies, very soon I found out how much work and dedication is involved .
Takes special people to make these goodies...especially as freeware.

Back