Oh, you wanted to play Trainz?

Steveo241

3f3c225e5cadea20690a7a4077569f4d.jpg

Not so fast! (Does anyone else hate having to wait through all of this?)​

I have the same issue once in awhile and no my system remains on 99% of the time and trainz does not crash TS2010 crashed once on me but that was related to a hard drive eating the big one at the same time. But yet I still get that, all I want to do is play trainz, not have to sit there and watch this blue bar slowly move across the screen.

How big are your databases? Huge databases will need a periodic check and cleanup when it is bloated. Do you add and remove a lot of content? This "housekeeping" of the system might be the end result.

Paul

I feel your pain! My database is also pretty extensive and it takes forever.
But what can you do, right?
:p

Been there done that, probly around 100 or more times since I had trainz 2010 Doesn't take long for me, but I just sit back and wait. Necessary part of the process, ya know, really can't be avoided.

I wonder if you all have trainz installed in the Program Files folder.
When creating content I often use the CMP to alter things, but up till now I hardly ever have had a database repair at startup of trainz, in other words, I can't remember the last time this happened. (famous last words) :hehe:

Greetings from sunny Amsterdam,

jan

I have only had Database Updates start when Trainz crashes due to my external HDD disconnecting. I have one running now. It's now past 7PM and it started around 9AM. And it's only one third of the way.

I never install games in Program Files.

I bet installing GTA IV is slowing it down though. ;)

While I wait, I read a good train book or use my Hornby Flying Scotsman. Or do schoolwork that I wouldn't be doing if Trainz was running. :hehe:

Kieran.

I don't get unasked for DBR's often, usually only if I've made a lot of changes or CM freezes up and I have to force quit. I have Trainz on it's own SSD so it doesn't take long, maybe 20 minutes or so.

I decided to cancel mine and re-start it again when GTA IV had finished installing. Only took 20 minutes.

Kieran.

LOL, glad to see others are having the same fits. I've been trying to get the Murchison 2 DLC to install for two days and have gone through 5 database rebuilds. My Database is just touching 60MB, whole folder 40GB. I have it on a Seagate RED 4TB drive, almost alone by itself.. Think that's enough free space? :D

Back