Yet another problem.

Well installed the most recent patches, and suprised at the fact thqat 90 percent of my content is now faulty, anyway to possibly fix this?

Yes - Fully complete the downloads and updates for a start. i.e. Update and download all the packages you own too.
Then run a quick DBR. That should fix most problems.
Anything residual should be reported to N3V via the bug-reporting system (https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu) and KUIDs posted here on the forum for 'team' support.

There are some things to do that will help.

First check for content updates. There were a bunch of updates to the routes available on the Content Store that will solve many of the faulty ones.

Check for other content updates.

Once those are installed, check again to see if that fixed a bunch of things.

For missing dependencies, right-click on the asset that shows missing dependencies and choose view dependencies.

Sort by status, if you don't have that column, I recommend adding that and the rest of them for that matter.
Sort the status up and down and check the top for anything available for download.
Download those assets by right-clicking on them and choosing download.

Note, this will most likely fix a lot of other assets missing dependencies.

After all your missing dependencies are cleaned up, any faulty assets can be dealt with. Sometimes, after updates and extended database repairs, assets show as faulty but are not. Highlight these assets and choose view errors and warnings. Most of these so-called faulty assets will show no error. If you have a lot of them, do this in bunches until all are done.

Once all are done, the assets should move out of the filter, but if they do not, close Content Manager and wait a few minutes then start up again. The purpose of this is to reload the database and force an update.

Any non-faulty assets will disappear completely, and if there's anything left, you can either attempt to fix those, or try redownloading them again.

As always, I recommend making a backup before updating to a beta version. Keeping a backups, is a good idea and should be done anyway regardless of whether theirs a beta or not.

Well installed the most recent patches, and suprised at the fact thqat 90 percent of my content is now faulty, anyway to possibly fix this?

A fresh install and patch shows 0 errors, so what we need to do is figure out what steps you took and why you had unexpected results.

What steps did you take to update? A simple patch and restart without any other steps shouldn't make anything any different.
Did you allow the db repair to complete on startup? Did you click Start Trainz before going into CM? Was the db repair still running?
What are the errors?

Also note that while the advice here is to run db repairs - in theory at least, the game knows when to run a repair such as after a patch.

That said, if the data is moved or edited manually, then the game doesn't know you've done that, so in that case a manual update is required.

Last edited:
Hi,
Just to add a thought (probably like teaching granny to suck eggs...)
After Trainz program closes normally, there is a "hidden" task that continues for some minutes. This tidies up the database - if you need to use task manager to end Trainz or if you close Windows immediately the database will not be tidied.
Then you will need to run the database repair option.

Colin

Back