World origin possible problem (TRZ06)

knight44

Hi guys,

I'm using TRZ06 and have built a particular route twice - the first with all the trackwork but poor topography (Version1) and the second with only part of the track but properly developed topo (Version2)

I would like to "import" the fully developed track into version two but I am having a problem. I have tried copying the .TRK file from V1 across to the local folder that has the files relating to V2 (the old .TRK file was renamed first), and have tried copying the .GND file from V2 to V1. In each case the track plots off to the east of where it should, although the northing appears to be accurate. The size of the error is the same in both cases (about eight baseboards off). I have checked and set the world origin to the same point (and values) in V1 and V2 - this was done before any file copying. The particular point used was a track junction.

I suppose I could use trial-and-error by reset the origin in either V1 or V2 and keep trying until the topo and track match up.

Anybody got any ideas on how I can solve this problem?

Thanks.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I have never tried anything like that with world origin, but I have noticed the world origin is not particularly accurate i.e. I have had the sun rising in the wrong place. Also noticed You can't set the world origin to the altitude you want all the time.

Cheers,
Bill69

Back