Windhoff MPV in Production (Large Images)

jjqburch

Spaced Out
Hello fellow Trainzers, I thought I would share with you a couple of renders of my first asset creation project. It is a Windhoff MPV, something I see quite often scooting along the tracks.
mpvrendersc3.jpg

mpvrender2eo1.jpg

I have done this completely from eye, as i havn't been able to find out the rough dimensions of the train, let alone anysort of blueprint. I still havn't a clue how long it is. Anyway, it's coming along slowly. I just hate doing the texturing. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Jonny

Looks good.

Here's a mad idea....

Why don't you get a head on shot of the real thing, take a pic of it and then use IrfanView to resize it and then use dxtbmp to stick it onto your Windhoff? You will probably have to fiddle about with it but when you are finished you would have a photorealistic front end of the MPV. I suppose the problem would be that the front end isn't flat but it might work. You could split the front end into two sections to get around this.

Nice work,
Best wishes,
Padster

Last edited:
Obi1 --

Good pics !~!

Will you be releasing any for Trainz ?

I particularly like the models in the top two rows.

Phil

That front looks way too stretched on the bottom side and the windscreen needs to be raked back a bit. You may also want to re-compare the light clusters, they look a little tall to me.

Re texturing, since you are using 3DSM, the rendering tools can take a lot of guesswork out, see the CCG on how they made the cab to a loco, the method could well apply to anything really. :)

Thanks everyone for your comments, much appreciated. I agree, the cab is stretched a bit, I have been sorting that out amongst other things. I am starting again with the textures though, this time making use of layers in photoshop so that anything can be moved around and perfected easily enough.

I'm actually at uni now, so i might take the oppertunity to print the CCG. I think it'll be worth the paper :).

Thanks again. I'll keep you updated.
Jonny.

Awesome Model! Im not very fond of English Equipment, but that is awesome.
If you could do a second version with American Knuckle Couplers, that'd be great.
Thanks.
Sean

I'm interested, We do need more track machine's in trainz, The last shot is a vast improvement from the first shots. Well done.

second that motion

Please, if possible, could you do a "fictional" version with North American knuckle couplers and without buffers? It would be a magnificent addition to the limited pool of NA MOW equipment.

Here's a mad idea....
Indeed
Why don't you get a head on shot of the real thing, take a pic of it and then use IrfanView to resize it and then use dxtbmp to stick it onto your Windhoff? You will probably have to fiddle about with it but when you are finished you would have a photorealistic front end of the MPV.
Perhaps because jjqburch knows photoreskins are not realistic and make for far less satisfying rolling stock content than properly textures content?

Back