Which Routes would you like to see in TC3?

lewisner

I was just wondering which routes Trainzers would like to see in TC3 to take advantage of all the extra content? I have rebuilt and superdetailed Appleby East station and have ambitions to extend the Eden Valley Railway as far as Kirkby Stephen East.The Stainmore line (Kirkby Stephen East to Darlington) would the next logical step but it would be a big job and would involve the huge viaduct at Belah which would have to be specially made.Another route which springs to mind is the Peak line from Derby to Buxton via Bakewell.Any others?

I was just wondering which routes Trainzers would like to see in TC3 to take advantage of all the extra content? I have rebuilt and superdetailed Appleby East station and have ambitions to extend the Eden Valley Railway as far as Kirkby Stephen East.The Stainmore line (Kirkby Stephen East to Darlington) would the next logical step but it would be a big job and would involve the huge viaduct at Belah which would have to be specially made.Another route which springs to mind is the Peak line from Derby to Buxton via Bakewell.Any others?

Choice 1: The Gotthard Railway from Zurich to the Italian border

Choice 2: Caldervale from Bradford to Summit Tunnel

Choice 3: The line running round Morecambe Bay and up the Cumbrian coast.

For the narrow minded: The Ravenglass and Eskdale
For the dreamers: A fantasy tourist line from the plains to a good viewpoint of Mount Everest

Les

A nice addition would be the coast-line route south from Carlisle to Workington, Whitehaven and then down to Barrow-in-Furness. Unsure how much work that is for you Lewisner.......:hehe: :p
Oh, and can I have it wintery as well please, 'cos we don't have (m)any UK routes done in the snow........

Cheerz. ex. :wave:

The one route I would very much like to have,is the ECML between Newcastle and Edinburgh. However you will have to accept that I am very much biased, as I live beside it.

Regards Bruce

I like the idea of the Cumbrian Coast route - it would be an excuse to run Metrovick Co-Bos, but ooohhh all that rusty track around Workington - and Newcastle to Edinburgh...one of my favourite thrashes used to be a Deltic on the 17.11 all stations to Edinburgh as far as Chathill then run over the footbridge for the Up service, again hopefully with a 55...:mop:

....Another route which springs to mind is the Peak line from Derby to Buxton via Bakewell.Any others?
I've done a test DEM of this route, but no further work if anyone wanted the terrain on cdp.

How about the Waverley route, now we have Carlisle to start from?

Paul

I'll second the Stainmore route, which has both steeper grades (1 in 70) and a higher summit 1370ft, than the S&C. Lots of double heading and banking required, but steam era only, at least in the real world.

I have toyed with doing this one myself, but having not built anything very much in Trainz yet, I think it's probably a tad optimistic on my part. I do have a lot of info on the route though, if anyone feels up to the challenge.

Are you going to release your Eden Valley line on completion Lewisner?

Cumbrian coast and Waverley Routes would be great too.

SP

PS I reckon you could do Belah and Deepdale using US trestle's.

If I could get a terrain map of Appleby - Kirkby Stephen East it wouldn't be that difficult.I walked from Warcop - KSE in 1976 when the track was still down and I volunteered with the Eden Valley RPS for 2 years.The Waverley Line would be great but would include Kingmoor yard so it would be a real RAM eater.

Heres a general view of Appleby East station looking north in my modified TC3 route.;)
applebyeaststationai6.jpg

Psst..:cool:.

Anyone fancy doing the obvious extension? Leeds City to Skipton. The trackwork on the approaches to Leeds would be a real test of track laying ...... and the fps. :hehe:

Theres already a Leeds To Carlisle Route on the DLS KUID: 89301:1070 which may be capable of being joined (at least the Leeds to Skipton bit) but when I downloaded it I found it was very early and much of it was missing in TC3 because a majority of the Content was Auran built-in and (no diss to the creator) its not up to the standard of the S&cC in TC3.

Last edited:
Back