What would it take????

bmckown

Hi all. I was wondering what it would take to incorporate an avatar that can actually interact with the environment in Trainz? What I mean is that you are actually in the game. You can get on, off, in and out of the loco's, cars, and buildings. Walk through the passenger cars, climb on the water towers, enter buildings like the yard-master's office, etc. You could play as a brakeman and could jump off a slow moving train, run ahead, throw a switch and jump back on as it goes by. Is this "pie in the sky" or could it be done rather easily? I saw in another thread a member mentioned the EA Battlefield franchise of games. They are fantastic if for no other reason than you can walk up to a tank and get in. Virtually every vehicle in the game allows you to get in and out--walk around it--etc. If not available from Auran, would this be something someone could come up with as an add-on for others to download into the Trainz games? Just asking as I think this would add an incredible dimension to the game. Thanks.

Hi,

I have no idea what it would take to make it work - all I know is that is something I would love to see in a program like Trainz!!

That is one of the few things that would truly make this program a very versatile one - it's already very easy to create stuff, just think how it would be to interact with them also the way you describe!

Thanks for putting words down that mimics dreams I also have.

Linda

It would be fun, I think - the one problem with the battlefield series was that it didn't support trains. Otherwise, it had decent vehicle / aircraft / boat / people physics. You could run around, get into, and drive anything :)

Great Idea! Post it to Suggestion Forum

That is a great idea for the next verision of Trainz. I suggest posting to the suggestion forum for the next verision of Trainz. It may get more attention from Auran.:Y:

Back