What stock to use for use with Iportal

insulfrog

Are you having trouble finding the right stock for the use for the Iportal?

As you all know, both users of each end of the Iportal must have the same stock in order to work properly. To stop getting anything unusual or any errors you must use the default stock that came with TRS2006.

To answer the question above, you got to search for them. What are they called as you may ask? Well to answer that, I have made a list below of all the industry-active stock you need and in their correct spelling so all you need to do is just type in that particular object into the search box on the Consist Screen and you should be able to find it.

Remember, the Iportal is not restricted to freight operations as commuters may want to use it as well to travel between to the other player's towns and cities.

Locomotives (traction power in brackets)

QR 2100 class (D)
ATSF SD40-2 (D)
CN SD40-2 (D)
BR Class 37 yellow (D)
Robe Alco 636 (D)
OBB 1044 (E)
SNCF 15000 BB (E)
UP Big Boy (Tender) (S)
LNER A3 Flying Scotsman/Tender (S)
LNER Mallard (Tender)
Fowler 4F BR Black/35 Gallon Tender (S)

Train Sets (traction power in brackets)

SNCF TGV SE (E)
SNCF TGV SE Unit 1
SNCF TGV SE Unit 2
SNCF TGV SE Unit 4
SNCF TGV SE Unit 4

BR HST 43 (D)
BR HST MK 3 TF
BR HST MK 3 TGS
BR HST MK 3 TRBS
BR HST MK 3 TS
BR HST MK 3 Sleeper

Stand-alone Coaches

BR MK RBR
BR MK RMB
BR MK SK
BR MK CK

Freight

Log Wagon - Can cary Logs or any create or container
IC 4 Bay Hopper - Can carry any type of rock, grain or shaving (e.g. coal woodchips etc.)
BR ZHF Mineral Wagon - Same as IC 4 Bay Hopper but carries a smaller load
GATX Oil Tanker - Can carry any liquid such as Oil, Milk, Water, etc.

This is not all the default industry-active stock that can be used for Iportal operations but all that is listed here will get you started. :)

If there is any default stock that is industry-active that I have missed, freight or passenger, then please post here.

Although the most of you already know about this information, but this post is mainly aimed at newbies or for those who have not used the Iportal yet. :)

I thought all rolling stock could use the portal
It was only required that all players had the same ?

Mike

Although all stock can use the Iportal, not everyone has custom stock from web sites like the DLS. So basically, the stock that I listed is avaiable to everyone, whether they have custom content or TRS2006 SP1 or not.

Plus some new TRS2006 users might be puzzled on what to use and ask when using the iportal: -

"What wagon can I use to send the coal/oil/logs to him/her?" and/or "Is that wagon industry-active or not for iportal use?" and/or even "Is that wagon the default stock, otherwide it might throw an error if you use it via iportal?".

This guide is to answer those questions in mind and with this info, they can jump into the action with little trouble about what stock to use. That is all. :)

Insulfrog;
Is it sufficient for both users to have the assets in their local assest directories, or do the assets have to be in the configuration file of the session?

Only that each player has the item in his local database ( local folder)

I am not sure if this item also has to be on Auans database as it has to go through their server ?

maybe this sunday I will have an answer to this as I am hopeing to run a iPort test with another guy, so we can set up what will pass and what wont,

I am interested in this as on the route I intend to use for an iPort consortium will have some custom content that I have made just for me
and is not available anywere else, the intention was to send the content by E-Mail to all the players in the group ?

Insulfrog;
Is it sufficient for both users to have the assets in their local assest directories, or do the assets have to be in the configuration file of the session?

Back