Wellcar help request

Bulldog1653

Hello all,

I have been trying to get my industries to stack 40 foot containers on my wellcars.
So far, I have attempted redoing the attachment points and allowed product list in CCP. For some reason, I have had no luck and am at wits end. I would like to make this work in order to make my layout and trains more realistic.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Personally what I would do, is go to CCP, edit the industry (or car) to carry the 40ft containers. You should then be able to load them becuase the container/industry have the same allowed products.

Ryan:wave:

Hi Jay --

" ... I have attempted redoing the attachment points ... "

Are these cars that you have made or are they ones you have downloaded from the Download Station?

If the latter, which ones?

Phil

Try the TTX spline cars available from TPR (registration is necessary but free.) These will load L.A.R.S 40st containers as well as Auran ones, and a lot more besides.

I use the well mods from TPR, I think Dermmy altered them from the original. They double stack a wide variety of containers.

Hello all,

I have tried going into the container station industry in CCP to see if there was a way to make it double stack with no luck.
Phil, the wellcar is ID'd as BNWell1. I don't remember where I got it from but it's a stand alon car and not in a set like a lot of others. The only good thing about it is that I cloned the original before playing with the new setup on it.
I have Dermm'ys wellcar set and tried loading them in the hopes they would double stack. It didn't work. This can be frustrating to try everything to make it realistic and it's like banging your head against a wall.

Use the ProtoLars track. Set the Load to max. Set the rate to max. Set the initial to max. Then you will be able to double stack. I use the BN and BNSF Wellcars with no problem. To unload use the same settings. Remember, your first car has to sit absolutely still on the ProtoLars for 1 minute.
Hope this solves your dilema.

Hi Jay --

Two things that might help:

1. My little illustrated monograph on setting up interactive industries and freight cars. It can be found by a mouse clip on this link and downloading the zip file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/231615394/HarborMaster1_Documentation.zip

Inside the zip file are three pdf documents - driving in Cab Mode, maps of the HarborMaster route, and the one about interactive industries.

2. This session for one of my routes, screen shotz here:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=15737&highlight=virtuoso

If you download this session it might help you see how I configured both the well cars and the LARS/ProtoLARS industries.

Tell me if this helps.

Phil

Phil, that is one hell of a cool layout and it gave me some cool ideas.
I figured out why I was having a fight in the first place. It turns out the loads were in conflict with each other.
That being said, I can now build some cool container transfer stations. I will probably use the default one but I also plan on using the ProtoLars containers. If I do this right, there will be a LOT of containers being hauled between cities.
Thanks for the help. Also look for a KRL series car to be used. I have a cool idea on how to put it to work.

Hi all,

was just wondering why there are no wellcars on the DLS.
tried TPR but there is not a reply to my registration request..(2 months now)

is there any where else i can try?

thanks Brad

First off CCP IS your friend...:D

Second if you can read (if not I put pictures too) you can go here and get all the info you need to load any size container...

As for containers and well cars I would suggest either cloakedghost's (payware but very good and 53') or jointedrail's (freeware 20,40,45,48 and 53 foot but need to register to their site and a donation is appreciated)

Both those are great and the only containers and well cars I will use...

Use the ProtoLars track. Set the Load to max. Set the rate to max. Set the initial to max. Then you will be able to double stack. I use the BN and BNSF Wellcars with no problem. To unload use the same settings. Remember, your first car has to sit absolutely still on the ProtoLars for 1 minute.
Hope this solves your dilema.

Well my mod of the lars2 track "container track custom" kuid:240543:1116 does not require a 1 min pause. It loads just like any other industry...

You can see it in action in the movie here it's been on the DLS since about 06:D

Back