WEB Site Help - please

RD_Tarkus

OK, I tried to set the TR2006 site in the USA as my default. Still having problems.

When I try to bring up any Auran site, my system sits for 2 to 5 minutes spinning its wheels until the site finally comes up. This INCLUDES the USA site.

If I use the "link" to the forums from the USA site, again, 2 or more minutes. Yet I can go directly there fast by using my favorites list.

WHY? Why does it take so long to connect to Auran. Yes, there main site is on this tiny little island next to New Zealand and that is a great distance.

I can connect anywhere in Europe of Asia with little problem.

I plan on-line games like "Battlefield 2" with players from every country on the globe at one time.

Yet, I spend a lot of wasted time trying to connect to Auran.

Any ideas? Oh, yes, I do have High Speed Cable.

Maybe it`s because there are that many of you American Trainz users on line at the same time, that the Pacific pipeline is overloaded. :hehe:

Maybe it`s because there are that many of you American Trainz users on line at the same time, that the Pacific pipeline is overloaded. :hehe:

So maybe us Yanks should quit playing this simulation and watch it die a slow death the way JoWood's Transport Giant did?-jk, it's still popular in Germany.

I just wanted to mention that I too have some problems connecting to the main Auran sites and occasionally the DLS. Even with a dial-up connection, having a FCT helps with the lags and timeouts.

Even the DSL connection at my work had problems with getting the TRS2006 SP1 to download correctly (took 3 attempts before worked).

Which brings up another problem, as I'd like to be able to get and try out the Auran Jet 1.0 for another game development project I'm involved with.

Cheers!

Back