VTC - track machines

jirmin1

Hello.
for a long time, players have been asking what it looks like with track machines. The answers tend to be modest. Either there are models that look good. There are few of them. Or models that are below TRS04 in appearance.
Many of you know me and know that I used to deal with those machines.
After a long break, I returned to TRS again. Which you may have already noticed in other threads of this forum.
I will try to introduce models for others as well.
I'm currently stuck on scripts.
pictures:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

podbijecky_003w.jpg

But unfortunately the return to TRS due to the fact that these machines will be payware

Nice kit. the excavator is on wheels and rides on wagons?
is the first a machine or a technical machine? description of what it can do?
:)
That's correct. The excavator is fitted with small rail wheels that ride on the edge of the wagons in addition to the big rubber wheels. When the train moves along with the hoppers, the excavator pushes the ballast over the sides. This is a similar setup for picking up old sleepers or for unloading them from wagons for the machines to insert.

Here's an excavator mounting the top of some ballast hoppers. Depending upon the wagons, such as those on this kit, the excavator can run the length of the train without too much of an issue.

@jirmin1 - This is Ricardo Kutz from the LiaTrainz FB group. 👋 I'm very glad to see your announcement of the new MOW equipment !
I look forward to obtaining the finished sets :), as they are very good looking.

So we can let everyone see your cars at work.

Your video of the transport crane in action.

and the other video showing the consist moving

thanks for adding the videos.
I wasn't home to respond.
there are lots of machines and handling carts.
Here in the video it is about transporting the sleepers by wagons to the machine that changes them. see photo
sum_1000_cs.jpg

the other machine doesn't even need rails. can lay a new track. Or rip out the old track. It is enough to change the undercarriage to tracks.
smd_80.n.jpg

But I don't know if it is possible to solve the fact that the wagons would have a track on them. and this enabled the handling cart to drive.
Currently it is solved by an invisible track in the editor. I would need a fixed one on the wagons.

thanks for adding the videos.
I wasn't home to respond.
there are lots of machines and handling carts.
Here in the video it is about transporting the sleepers by wagons to the machine that changes them. see photo
sum_1000_cs.jpg

the other machine doesn't even need rails. can lay a new track. Or rip out the old track. It is enough to change the undercarriage to tracks.
smd_80.n.jpg

But I don't know if it is possible to solve the fact that the wagons would have a track on them. and this enabled the handling cart to drive.
Currently it is solved by an invisible track in the editor. I would need a fixed one on the wagons.

Ah, very interesting.

I was wondering how you managed connected track attached to the flatcars (y)
I doubt that there is a method to have attached track to move-able traincars. It does sound like an impossible to solve problem.

This may be a feature that N3V has to add to the simulator, before you can implement it.

Rico

Ah, very interesting.

I was wondering how you managed connected track attached to the flatcars (y)
I doubt that there is a method to have attached track to move-able traincars. It does sound like an impossible to solve problem.

This may be a feature that N3V has to add to the simulator, before you can implement it.

Rico
Yes, I would need an opinion from N3V on how to solve this.
I placed an invisible track in the editor and raised it to the desired height.

The flatcars can be permanently coupled like a single flatcar and the machine located on top could be an animated feature that only operates at slow speed or when the train is stopped.

it can be static models with animation.
What's the point of connecting it to a larger unit if it doesn't go through the curves, switch?
that won't be the solution.

The Adelt Crane has a wonderful system to load the contra weight blocks from a carrier car to the crane.
One of the most beautiful cranes around.

User id 72730
name Gerd
It is a good looking machine for sure, but wouldn't really work with modern track laying systems ;)

Rico

Back