Visual Catalogue of content

hugosegers

There are so many contents with different names that it is getting difficult to find an object. I sometimes know that it exists but forget the name. Does a kind of quick catalogue exists of content (built-in or not) where you can see an image and the exact name? :)

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited:
We have a "Download Station!"

:cool: Hello Mr. HugoSegers, and welcome to the Auran Trainz Forum Community!

You have to go to the Profile page for you, and set the Download Station to show pics and set it at 100 per page.

You need to use the different icons in Download Station, to see Loco's, Rolling Stock, Routes, etc, and view whatever content you can see, and it may take a long time for you to find what you wish to have on your route.

You will be amazed at what you find, I am sure!

Please keep in touch with us, if you have questions, comments and so.

Auran TrainzRailroad Simulator RULES!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your post to our Community, and see the Community Forum for how to use Trainz to your personal happiness!

Catalogue

Hello HugoSegers,
And welcome to the Wonderful World of Trainz - as I am sure you have found out....

There is no actual catalogue as far as I know. With nearly 9Gig of static content alone on my drive I also found it very difficult to know what I had or had not.
Our content Creators (God Bless 'em) don't always name them in a way that will cause them to list in sequence either. For instance there is a series of very nice building backdrops recently that have been called by the item/building or whatever so they get spread all over the place in the Objects listing and I am blowed if I can remember every individual name. What would be more practical is to call them 'Backdrop-XXXXX' the x being the name of the content, then they would all list under backdrop.

The way I work around this problem is to spend a bit of time running through the lists and writing everything I feel I need to remember or that I am likely to use regularly, on paper, and by type, again for instance all static objects, then a new list for all splines, one for vehicles, another for railway assets (stations, signal boxes etc). Then I go to Lotus ( or MS Word if you prefer) and type the lists out and print them in hard copy. I then have at least a name reference for objects that are say, Commercial, shops, houses and so on.
Yes, they have to be updated now and then as you continue to download, but I have found these lists invaluable.

Just a suggestion....

Enjoy Trainz.

Angela

Great Suggestions!

:cool: Heck folks,

I just re-name assets using my favorite Content Manager Plus!

Thank you very much for the advise.
I'm perhaps a newcomer to the forum, but I'm a Trainzfan from the very beginning. I stopped some months ago with trainzing because my PC was too slow and I had with layouts I liked too much stuttering (also because too many programs were running secretly in the backgrund). I bought for the very first time a Mac (Imac) (what a delight!!!! ). But recently I put trainz on a partition of the hard disc were I put Window XP on, just to run Trainz again. It's working better than ever now (no stutter!!). I'm addicted again to Trainz!!!
It's a wonderful world....:wave:

Back