Very interesting site for old UK codgers!

Hey John,
As I resemble your heading,I thought I'd better check the link out.
Very interesting and informative,so thank you for advising us of it.
Regards Bruce

When you say old codgers John I suppose you mean the over 45's....:hehe:
Well budge up, and let me join your little bandwagon then.

Nice link, and I have one of my own which I have been looking at this afternoon, the photographs make great screensavers, but not much in the line of steam, I'm afraid.

www.toton-rail.co.uk

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Last edited:
Hi John, Very interesting to read about the loco testing. I was the Locomotive Inspector at York Headquarters who was in charge of the train when we did the highspeed runs and broke the speed record. As for the ties, they could only be bought [Officialy] by any one involved in the trials. I bought 3, one of each colour. I understand that only 200 of each was made. Reading this has brought back many pleasant memories. Thanks John.

Cheers

Harry failem

Early UK Steam/Diesel

I suggest that anyone who has an interest in UK railways during the transition from steam to diesel has a look at this site

http://www.traintesting.com/index.htm

tip! the index page is much easier to read if you select all by pressing ctrl+a! It is worth it!

John
Great link John..........that stirred many memories related to virtually living at Walton Crossing (Peterborough) from 1955 - 1964! The highlight was the link to the Midland Pullman set as I had the pleasure of riding a Western unit from Cardiff to Paddington in '64. In that context, does anybody know of a Trainz compatible Midland (Blue) Pullman set?

:)

Colin.

Back