Very important question for serious route builders concerning trees:

new generations of trees are much more computer friendly and realistic
They might be more computer friendly to some people, but they are most certainly not more realistic looking. They are one of the main reasons I am not doing Trainz much anymore.

Ive really feel a lot of routes suffered with tree changes.........
Hate the ghostly lookin things and sad what they do in 2010/12 for the cpu
A lot of speed trees look odd and some glitter ugh?
I have been messing with mcguirels stuff lately and gotta say for speed trees theyre working quite well
and some shrubs and grass are good also.......
either way a lot of changes and delays of reworking things in and nobody mentioned textures yet wow
I did a lotta upgrades and like what in the hell is this lol.........
good luck with your project lookin fwd to what you can come up with for sure..........

Dave =)

Thanks for the opinions gentlemen, it seems there may yet be a place for low tech trees in the game going forward.

If you can get Trunda like trees working in TS2012 then you will have achieved something.

Speed Trees would look better if some artists were allowed to get in an remove the obvious clumps of leaves stuck onto the tree structure. Many trees suffer from that. The shades of green are carried through on all variations of a species. . Different trees of the same species look different. Not every leaf is the same. Thus the need for artistic attention.
The RW game suffers from the same monochromatic look.

Thanks Dick, I'm not sure I'm familiar with a Trunda tree, can you leave me a kuid here? I'll gladly take a look at it and see if I can achieve such lauded quality!

Back