Using the Wait Command

dtdb

I'm recreating a route in real life with trains that each follow a specific schedule that is identical to to the real one. One problem I'm having is assigning wait commands to the different trains so they all start driving when they're supposed to. Currently, I'm using the "wait until minute" command, and setting it multiple times if the train had to wait for an hour or two, but I've had some problems with this. I'd like to use the "Wait Until" command, but this is only avaliable to use while your driving, and can't be assigned in the driver setup rule.

Which rule is the best one to use?

Hi

There is a "Wait until hour" command which works in the same way as "Wait until minute". You use the hour one first followed by the minute one to set the exact time that the consist is activated. It is on the DLS.

I use the SCS2006 rule for creating this type of scenario as it gives precise control over paths and times.

Regards

Brian

. . . I'd like to use the "Wait Until" command, but this is only avaliable to use while your driving, and can't be assigned in the driver setup rule.

Which rule is the best one to use?

If you are a minute or two late with the "Wait until Minute" command, you will be waiting until the specified times arrives in the next hour. The "Wait Until" command has a 4 hour window after the specified time that allows the driver to proceed, even if he is late.

I'm looking into getting this rule modified so it can be used in driver set-up. Just don't hold your breath waiting until it gets done.

Back