Users of my tutorial site - important information regarding changes to the site

shaneturner12

Tutorial Creator
Hi Trainzers,

This information here is important for any users who visit my tutorial site (http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials)

Due to a change in Domain Name Server information and the use of a third-party site to assist, the site should now be a lot quicker for most users, as it is now being served by several locations in USA, Europe, the Far East, and Australia.

Also, the site is now spammer-protected. Any users who have been involved in forum spam, or blog spam, or any other type of spamming, may face a challenge page when visiting the site, and will only be able to access the site for 30 minutes at a time. If you end up with the challenge page, and you know you have not been involved in spamming, let me know so I can check. (Bear in mind that there are several factors that the site now uses to identify security risks and spammers)

Users of Internet Explorer 7 or earlier, or an old version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Opera, will have a message at the top of the screen advising that it is an old browser, with a link to be able to get an alternative browser/updates.

In addition to this, if the site does go down, there will be a cached version available to view, but be aware that certain links will not work in the cached version.

Comments are appreciated on this - do you feel it is better, or worse?

Shane

P.S. All existing links still work, as it's a name server change.

Last edited:
Thank you for your comment Jim. The reason it is so fast is due to the fact that it can run from more local servers and also caches often viewed content.

Shane

Hello Shane,
The only thing I can see is that the text towards the top is hard to read.
The text is "YOUR HOME FOR TRAINZ TECHNICAL HELP".
There is something written behind the words "YOUR HOME"
Kenny

Malc and Kenny - thank you both for your comments..
I am aware of the issue regarding the title, and will make the required change shortly.

Shane

EDIT: I have sorted out the menu issue by temporarily removing the Site Feedback option, which I am placing elsewhere on the page.

Last edited:
An update - for some reason, I am getting quite a few reports from the third-party site I use that there is an increased number of visitors that are encountering a CAPTCHA/challenge page on my site. If anyone here is encountering this, please let me know (and include your IP address - use http://www.whatismyipaddress.com to get this).

Shane

Back