Uploading questions

Driver_Col

Valleyfields has just been revised to enable TC3 functioning and I have run into a couple of issues when trying to upload:

1. All the assets involved are created by others. This appears to be a block, but clearly the layout is dependant on them. What am I not understanding?

2. How does one attach the 240 x 180 image?

Many thx. colin.

Valleyfields has just been revised to enable TC3 functioning and I have run into a couple of issues when trying to upload:

1. All the assets involved are created by others. This appears to be a block, but clearly the layout is dependant on them. What am I not understanding?

2. How does one attach the 240 x 180 image?

Many thx. colin.

Hello Colin,
I can only tell you what happens with a cdp when I make one for submitting my routes.
I make up a folder and put the image in there and call it something like XXXX(name of your route).icon. As I progress through the save process in Content Dispatch you will be asked what image you want to add and there is a Browse button for doing this.
Then again when you get to the point of filling in the description and name there is another search box for that same image. Just select it on both ocassions and that's it.
Always worked for me and I have quite a few routes on the DS.

God bless,

Angela

Thx Angela - I'll try that. How do you get around the "refusal to process" the upload due to the content that is not yours?

Thx. Colin.

You can only upload your route. Don't add the dependencies to the cdp the DLS will take care of downloading them automatically.

Mike.

Hi Mike

Perhaps being familiar with the TRS2004 upload process is my problem here!

When I create the cdp file (using Content Manager), it will automaticaly include everything. If I go into config and delete all the assets ............. nothing is going to appear on the layout. Clearly there are steps that I am not following ............ but what?

:confused:

Colin

When I create the cdp file (using Content Manager), it will automaticaly include everything.

Tell it not to. When you create the .cdp and it says 'Add dependencies' click on the 'Select None' button.

(I'm at work so that's from memory and isn't guaranteed to be right ;))

Mike.

OK Mike......... sounds simple enough. Now you get back to work and ignore the Trainz Forum emails notices (unless of course you are working for them!!!!!).

:hehe:

Colin.

Back