UP West Line

Yep, that would probably be Bensenville yard, the one Euphod was talking about. I'm going to stop at 294 and put in a portal. Proviso is enough for me. How you can do it is beyond me. :p

Thanks Everyone!

Bensenville is a nightmare. None of the yard leads are straight which makes it next to impossible to do in Trainz.

I finished up track last night, but nothing is really worthy of a screenshot. I've been thinking how to do Union Station, scenery wise, but I've come up with nothing. I'll figure it out.

Your shots are looking good, UP! I shoulda taken the farm section while I had the chance :hehe:

Steve

Bensenville is a nightmare. None of the yard leads are straight which makes it next to impossible to do in Trainz.

Phew! Good. Now I'm that much happier that I left it out of the DEM.

I finished up track last night, but nothing is really worthy of a screenshot. I've been thinking how to do Union Station, scenery wise, but I've come up with nothing. I'll figure it out.

Done?!? Good god man, you're quick! Can't wait for the next update!

Your shots are looking good, UP! I shoulda taken the farm section while I had the chance :hehe:
Chance? There was never a Chance. :p

A quick little update

Just as the title suggests, this is just a fast update since the thread has been a bit dry lately. So, before my two week abscence, I thought I'd do some track laying. Nothing too interesting quite yet, so the minor pictures received a sizing down.

So...
1. I fixed some things in the West Chicago yard, such as this once atrocious bit of track laying:

UP4021_20110126_0001-1.jpg

(notice curvyness)
to
UP4021_20110205_0007.jpg

2. I did this sexy bit of track laying (picture 1) as a prelude to what is to come (picture 2)

UP4021_20110212_0002.jpg

UP4021_20110212_0004.jpg

For those of you who can't tell (don't worry if you can't), that is the TransDEM/Google Earth-rendered map of Proviso yard

BTW, after I have my Proviso update (which will be the next one) I will start laying the 30 some miles of track between Elburn and Elmhurst. Obviously, I'm not going to waste space by posting a picture of every switch I put in, so I won't. When I start up the pictures again with scenery in Elburn, I'll make sure that it doesn't disappoint. :cool:

Last edited:
Don't forget the green bridge between Glen Ellyn and Lombard please!

41.884028,-88.034205 on google maps. :p

Large projects are fun, hope you are not too run down, clearly not because you are still creating like that.

Josh

Thanks Josh. :)

Well I am slightly run down, but that's for matters beyond the route. There have been other things (like reskins) I've told people I'd do. That and of course other things, school included...

<SIGH>

Moral of the story is: I could really be so much further on this if I didn't have the obcession of keeping busy.

My chance to work on this is my fun time. :p

Thanks Taylor. :wave:

Fast update.
Steveo241 recently informed me that he won't be able to continue working with me on the route. Trainz is obviously just a game, and we all can't spend the rest of our lives glued to it. Steve needs a break, and I can understand that.
This all just meens that it'll be a little bit longer til' the release of this sucker... and I'm doin' it alone. :eek:
:hehe:
Actually, I now have confidence that I can do it, especially with all of you out there. The compliments from all you great content creators really keeps pushing me forward.
Thanks. :wave:

That is very easy to live with. Truthfuly, working on routes alone is more rewarding, In my mind, and you learn a lot on the way. My offer still stands, if you want a place to release it my site is always open.

Josh

If You Need anythimng on the west line please sentd me a PM I live right along the line about a block away and I can give you detail about Chicago and from chicago to River Forest Also When the train reaches the Outside of Oak Park It sholuld be an elevated line and go back to ground level as it reaches may wood and when the train is heading east once it goes from maywood to river forest it should go to three tracks

Last edited:
Hey Ben
Were you be?
I havent heard from you?
Also
Verry Impressed

That would be because I was actually away from the computer if you can believe it.

BTW, please do me a favor by not filling up my PM box next time. :wave:

If You Need anythimng on the west line please sentd me a PM I live right along the line about a block away and I can give you detail about Chicago and from chicago to River Forest Also When the train reaches the Outside of Oak Park It sholuld be an elevated line and go back to ground level as it reaches may wood and when the train is heading east once it goes from maywood to river forest it should go to three tracks

Thanks daylightguy! Any info you give me will be important later.

Ok. That much I know.

Anywho, as the awesome signature below suggests, I have joined TrainzPA. Josh was just so flattering in his compliments and remarks that I just had to join. :hehe: Really, with all the awesome work that has been going on around there, I consider it an honor being asked to join. As one can imagine, the majority of the things I make in the future will be going there. This will include this route (and most likely some others if I ever get around to them) and some other creations, probably including some old projects I shared back around posts 1 through 10.

So, that should do it for housekeeping for now. Maybe since I have a bit of time tonight, I can actually get something done!

But for now, that's all folks.

Ok. That much I know.

Anywho, as the awesome signature below suggests, I have joined TrainzPA. Josh was just so flattering in his compliments and remarks that I just had to join. :hehe: Really, with all the awesome work that has been going on around there, I consider it an honor being asked to join. As one can imagine, the majority of the things I make in the future will be going there. This will include this route (and most likely some others if I ever get around to them) and some other creations, probably including some old projects I shared back around posts 1 through 10.

So, that should do it for housekeeping for now. Maybe since I have a bit of time tonight, I can actually get something done!

But for now, that's all folks.

Congratulations, buddy. I hope to see some great stuff from you in the future. By the way, do you want the section of track that I did? It's pretty much all done.

And just to be an a**, your signature file size is too large, and the image is too large :) Haha.

Last edited:
Congratulations, buddy. I hope to see some great stuff from you in the future. By the way, do you want the section of track that I did? It's pretty much all done.

Thanks. :)

YES. That would be awesome. Thank you so much for all that you did Steve. It was really great working with you.

I may not have seen this project on my computer yet, but I thank you as well Steve. You have been a great help.

Josh

yo ben
you have already seen my pics but i want to say i am impressed and sorry about the post above
keep it up and let me know if you need anything i can do

Back