UP West Line

Sweet.

I may or may not do the same. Finals start tomarrow. :'(

The only reason I would even give progress a chance is because final days are half days. :cool:

We have finals all next week. Oh boy :eek: UP 2010 is due through Geneva tomorrow afternoon. 4th out in the lead consist (possibly DPU in the back).

It depends on if it stops between Los Angeles and here. If not, it'll be around this time tomorrow. It's dark, yeah, but the lights'll get 'em for sure.

Ok so I just recently just redid the tracks heading westbound to Lisle. The distance is more accurate. I hope to be close to Route 59 by Monday. Steve do you want me to send you the route after I get to Aurora? If you can and want to can you add the EJ&E trackage out past West Chicago and I will add the scenery ater you are done? And lastly if it is ok I will leave Eola Yard out and you can add it in correctly.

Ok so I just recently just redid the tracks heading westbound to Lisle. The distance is more accurate. I hope to be close to Route 59 by Monday. Steve do you want me to send you the route after I get to Aurora? If you can and want to can you add the EJ&E trackage out past West Chicago and I will add the scenery ater you are done? And lastly if it is ok I will leave Eola Yard out and you can add it in correctly.

Sure. I'd even take it past Aurora and extend it to Savanna. That'd be a fun route to run. Shoot it over to me if you want. PM me.

:)
Great!

Thanks man.
:wave:

Your Welcome. These even got Station plans too !!!! Have fun with it:)

Did you see the track charts ???

Suggestion :

Also use the UP concrete track from USLW for the route. Most of the line is concrete tracked i think !

Last edited:
How I spent my weekend.

Alright. I practically spent this entire weekend finishing up this yard. Here's how it's looking:

UP4021_20110123_0001.jpg

I used quite a few rulers if you can't tell.

UP4021_20110123_0002.jpg

UP4021_20110123_0008.jpg

UP4021_20110123_0009.jpg

UP4021_20110123_0010.jpg

How it looks populated:

UP4021_20110123_0006.jpg

UP4021_20110123_0007.jpg

I don't have any of the rrmods GP15s, so I can't accurately model the seven of them that are in and around this yard at any one time... yet. So I've had to make some compromises. Still, you can't really go wrong with these. :cool:

So anyway, The track in this yard is pretty much finished. I still have to finish up the industry lead (for your switching pleasure) and the interchange with the J. After that, while I'm on a rool with yards, I'm going to do Proviso. :eek: For those who didn't see, mtldrm38 just finished his virsion of Proviso as seen here: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=57781&page=21
BTW, I didn't get a chance to comment on how great that looks. So:
That looks great! :D

As for me, I'm done for today. It's amazing how tiring sitting in front of a computer screen for a few hours is! If there is ever a point when someone truely respects content creators... I've just reached it.

Now, time to go watch the Bears finish losing.

And lose they have!
That's a ton of work you've done there. Is this Bensenville Yard? I ask before I see far more CN units switching there that UPs. The UP's go by me every day, but I figured they come from Proviso.

No it's... well I don't really know what it's called. It's this one here: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=41.885889,-88.22382&spn=0.027732,0.065875&t=h&z=15

It is on the UP main, which would hopefully explain why there is so much yellow there.

A fun little game to play is to find all the GP15s in the yard. That picture is a pretty dull one, because they're all clumped. Google Earth has that timeline thingy so you can see images from the past. Anyways, there are 5 there, plus the 4 old GEs up by the interchange.

Also use the UP concrete track from USLW for the route. Most of the line is concrete tracked i think !

I was thinking about that, but there is also a ton of wood used, so it wouldn't completely work. I was thinking that I'd maybe hold out for that track JR made. It looks pretty exact to what I need.

BTW, sorry about the fuzzyness of the pictures. I just got irfranview, and I've been playing around with it. Hopefully the pictures from now on will be crystal-clear, eye-popping, beautiful works of art. :p

Thanks.

Last edited:
How could I mistake Dupage County for O'Hare? I just saw a runway and my fertile mind did the rest! Thanks.

I was thinking about that, but there is also a ton of wood used, so it wouldn't completely work. I was thinking that I'd maybe hold out for that track JR made. It looks pretty exact to what I need.

I too am looking forward to using those tracks. However, in your case you have what I suspect is a HUGE yard, so that might not be a feasible option for you. Unless you want to run a ghost yard, keep in mind that most folks would want a yard at least 50% filled I figure and that's a lot of rolling stock (which can quite respectably/naturally be the heaviest in terms of polys in trainz). I think the MP wood track looks great (and I've decided to use this myself for now) but see how your frame rates hold up with a several trainz first. ;)

Here. Try this one:

Nice shot. :)

Gisa ^^

I too am looking forward to using those tracks. However, in your case you have what I suspect is a HUGE yard, so that might not be a feasible option for you. Unless you want to run a ghost yard, keep in mind that most folks would want a yard at least 50% filled I figure and that's a lot of rolling stock (which can quite respectably/naturally be the heaviest in terms of polys in trainz). I think the MP wood track looks great (and I've decided to use this myself for now) but see how your frame rates hold up with a several trainz first. ;)

Yeah, I thought about that. If I were to use that track, it would probably just be for the mainline. Then, I would use something a bit easier on the frame rates in the yards.

Nice shot. :)

Gisa ^^

Thanks. :)

It's better.

Right on. I might do the same thing. I don't really have any major yards in my route (nothing on the same scale as you) and I avoided the main yards (as they run by the mainline and I wish to detail that more) but who knows what the frame rates will be like (or the LOD). I'm eagerly awaiting the release of that track as well...

I'm looking forward to more shots as progress continues. ^^

Gisa ^^

Lookin good if I recall when it was the CNW it was called WEST CHICAGO YARD in W CHGO of course but then that was years past............

I decided to portal out just after Elmhurst and ugh was lookin at the line going north out of Proviso sits another small yard and huge industrial parks
thats gonna be a coin toss for now.....

Gotta tell ya comin along really well............:udrool:

ps ugh DA BEARS or should I say DAMN CUTLER ahhh either way its over....lol

Lookin good if I recall when it was the CNW it was called WEST CHICAGO YARD in W CHGO of course but then that was years past............

That's good to know. I'm sure UP hasn't changed it around too much if at all. I'll have to do a bit of research on it. I've always just called it the West Chicago yard, which I now know is not true, and is what caused all the confusion earlier when you asked about the Harbor Belt line. :hehe:

I decided to portal out just after Elmhurst and ugh was lookin at the line going north out of Proviso sits another small yard and huge industrial parks
thats gonna be a coin toss for now.....

Gotta tell ya comin along really well............:udrool:

Thanks. :)

Yep, that would probably be Bensenville yard, the one Euphod was talking about. I'm going to stop at 294 and put in a portal. Proviso is enough for me. How you can do it is beyond me. :p

Thanks Everyone!

Back