UK Southern Electric

jules22

I am trying to do a UK Southern Region scenario and have been thru the Auran database to find older Southern Electric rolling stock without success (exception 2 excellent contributions - an EPB set and a 5BEL set). Any info of any others I can use or where to look would be great. I'm still an absolute novice at this, so designing my own is not on the cards yet. Thanks. Jules. www.juleschristians.com

Last edited:
There's a class 508 by zxr400 on the DLS, plus a variety of class 73s.

Also some payware units at railwaves...

Paul

Jules, there's a couple of different liveried Class 201 Hastings units on the DLS, type in kuid 36550 for all the dependencies, etc. Unfortunately, there isn't much else, as 3rd rail layouts have not really been submitted to the community, for us to play on....

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

A pity

What a pity nobody has created a UK Southern region electrified (electrifried if you fall on the rails) route, they have a unique look about them with the extra rail and I do believe somebody has done the track, so no excuses really. Mike Banfield I think did 3rd rail track.
And some great countryside once you get out of London and off the brick embankments that go on for mile upon mile - maybe that's the reason they haven't been done?

Angela

There are others in the pipeline - I seem to recall the West Coastway Line being done amongst others.

I'm guessing that they fall into the same category as my 4-CIG in that the real world keeps getting in the way so wether they will actually come to fruition is another matter.

Regards, Kev

4-CIG

There are others in the pipeline - I seem to recall the West Coastway Line being done amongst others.

I'm guessing that they fall into the same category as my 4-CIG in that the real world keeps getting in the way so wether they will actually come to fruition is another matter.

Regards, Kev

Hi Kev,
I have a set of 4-CIGs in my Trainz, are they yours?

Angela

I started on a 1930's 2-nol, but it's been stalled for about a 6 months in this state.......
Untitled-1.jpg

.....there is this beautiful Brighton Belle set by Andi06, search for Pullman 5BEL
Screen_058.jpg

What it's supposed to be doing at Reading Southern is anybodys guess, but who cares when a model looks this good? 3rd rail track by Bloodnock.

Thanks to photobucket for hosting the pictures.
Chris.

Sorry Russell, not playing with them on a regular basis, and with them being mainly for TRS2006, one does forget things like this.....Utmost apologies old bean....
And Angela, I believe the 4-CIG's on the DLS, were done by Mike Banfield, many moons ago for UTC with Paintshed.....

Cheerz. Ex.

Hi Kev,
I have a set of 4-CIGs in my Trainz, are they yours?

Angela

They could be. I did release beta versions of my CIG to the community - the beta1 DTCL can be seen in my signature. Betas since have concentrated on the BR BlueGrey livery. Apart from them the only other CIGs I know of are the modifications of the Auran Mk1 by Mike10 (as mentioned earlier).

Regards, Kev

Last edited:
I'm making Sheerness to Sittingbourne and onwards and was wondering if there are any 3rd rail as seperate splines so you can swap to the other side of the track without affecting the track direction.

If not can anyone point me to a site with UK 3rd rail dimentions.

:Y::Y:

Cheers Andy

Back