UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

That's a nice looking screenshot Paul with the townscape beyond the station. I've even been known to drive a blue livery DMU from the cab before now.

Ex-GWR AEC diesel railcar on the Ashington branch.

Hi Annie,

What are the telephone poles you're using in this screenshot please? I've downloaded a whole load of them and the best candidates visually so far, don't have any drop in the wires and don't look realistic,

Cheers,
Innis

Hi Annie,

What are the telephone poles you're using in this screenshot please? I've downloaded a whole load of them and the best candidates visually so far, don't have any drop in the wires and don't look realistic,

Cheers,
Innis
They are <kuid:-25:749> Power Wire UK
I have to agree though, - wires modelled with realistic sag do look better, - it's just a pity that they are so rare in Trainz.

84fuVKb.jpg

After the somewhat disheartening loss of Edinburgh to Glasgow, I decided to revisit an eso route I've always liked, Trecoll Bay. Initially I imported the original route but decided to start from scratch with HD terrain. This is very much a WIP image but my intention is to bring the route up to the late 80s with a mix of colour light and semaphore signalling, perhaps some track rationalisation and more track in some areas.

53162230965_8bee3c5661_b.jpg

Great screenshot pfx, sorry to hear of your loss of Edinburgh-Glasgow. Is there no hope of recovery, even partial?

Three from me showing Corfe's new good shed. Sketchup haters look away now...

56ubh5y.jpg

xu8anxR.jpg

XvYuVdS.jpg

The concrete 'lean to' was built in the 50s (maybe 60s) and replaced an earlier wooden structure that had degraded to the point that it needed to be demolished. In truth, the platform level here should be virtually at track level but Corfe Castle has some odd topology and when I first created the route with 5m grid, I couldn't get a smooth finish. It may be worth reinvestigating in the future now that we have HD terrain but in the meantime I've made it a low relief lean to that acts as a store - hence the small cupboard like door!

Cheers,

PLP

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Edinburgh to Glasgow route pfx.

I know exactly what you went through.

I think i must have lost about 75% of my trainz builds over the years.

Reactions: pfx
If we do not moan about payware, nothing will ever improve. The payware Class 43 looks too wide around the "beak".

Then on the other hand, we get the excellence of all the Australian payware DLC loco's.

Mike.

Before anyone gets too excited, it's a kit-bash rather than an entirely new track.

Hopefully I can get permission from the ballast's author to release a few reskins for some variety.

Reactions: pfx
Great shot pfx, I always look forward to seeing your screenshots.

Some from me from perpetually sunny Swanage - "'cos summer always comes soonest in the South". First up, class 08 08436 (D3551) brings the coaches from the carriage siding into platform 2:
QIcb0lh.jpg

qjOvBq8.jpg

vAcmHVx.jpg

Then T9 30120 reverses from the engine shed onto the train ready for departure:

9ppZ9cC.jpg

GTPEbb1.jpg

2ATg9Cj.jpg

Right away! 30120 departs from Harmans Cross, Corfe Castle and Norden:
ZUSpTLT.jpg

yy8vDui.jpg

fIcyfuV.jpg

wDN80YJ.jpg

I hadn't used the T9 model in a while, but 2995valliant's new espec brings it to life. Unfortunately, the scripting no longer appears to be working so I can't select headcodes - when I click on '1962 rules' in the popup box a blank popup opens so I'm not sure what's gone on here.

Cheers,

PLP

Back