Two Upcoming South Florida Routes

Oops!

I noticed that the FEC track pictures were duplicate.

Here is the other side of the overpass.

11_9A.jpg

Oops!

I noticed that the FEC track pictures were duplicate.

Here is the other side of the overpass.

Nice! I like the idea that Martynas has, as it is very flexible and versatile.

I will see you at the convention Richard. Hopefully on Friday I can demonstrate my route and Saturday maybe you can demonstrate yours! I can't wait, as the convention is only 2 days away and I am very eager to meet fellow FEC fans! As an 8th Grader I am looking forward to new ideas!

For others, rock train 208 on my route will be the star of the convention! Screenshots will be posted promptly after!

On Sunday I may open up a screenshot thread as follows: An FEC version of the USA Pics thread, more so FEC Screenshots, where as any of you can feel free to share your FEC experiences! :) Any route would be welcome!

Last edited:
CSX Progress I

I have devoted this week solely to CSX Miami Sub. I just finished drawing maps of Hialeah Yard from the 5 track bridge to the southern end.

I do have a screenshot to show you, the Galloway Road Crossing's NE Track View. braintrainz, you might recognize it! ;)

I think this area still needs work

galloway.jpg

Hey i was still able to recognize it!
Brickbuilder im not sure if your familiar with the (street view) feature on Google maps however it is a massively powerful feature for modeling areas like these. I started using to re do some of the areas on the final miles of the Miami sub.
Im sure you might find it use full if looking to improve it ! Im so glad that you showed a pick of that crossing because i was going to get started on re skinning maddys highways bridges to different colors like red, orange and blue. they repainted that section of overpass in orange if im not mistaken( its by one of my favorite Chinese restaurants!

Hey i was still able to recognize it!
Brickbuilder im not sure if your familiar with the (street view) feature on Google maps however it is a massively powerful feature for modeling areas like these. I started using to re do some of the areas on the final miles of the Miami sub.
Im sure you might find it use full if looking to improve it ! Im so glad that you showed a pick of that crossing because i was going to get started on re skinning maddys highways bridges to different colors like red, orange and blue. they repainted that section of overpass in orange if im not mistaken( its by one of my favorite Chinese restaurants!

Hmm... Kampai? Kampai is awesome! Mmm... Dragon Rolls!:udrool:

I saw that MDX was on to repainting the bridges. (I dislike the paint job they did to 874 and 878, Orange doesn't look too great) I have seen street view and that's how I am getting ideas to model the crossings. I am also including the sharp yet very clever 874 NB ramp from 88th Street. As I look to improving I will look to Street View, Thanks for the Tip! :)

Hopefully on Friday I can demonstrate my route and Saturday maybe you can demonstrate yours! I can't wait, as the convention is only 2 days away and I am very eager to meet fellow FEC fans! As an 8th Grader I am looking forward to new ideas!

I am going to LOVE this convention!

I now understand why you didn't specify your age until after people had a chance to see your work.

You have a LOT of talent compared to anyone, period! But if people knew how young you are first, how could you be sure that you were receiving honest comments about your route?

Some people are relunctant to critize the work of young people, even when it is constructive critism. You didn't want your route to be graded on a curve. Smart move! :cool:

You can now be confident that the positive comments were due to the quality of your work. :Y:

Fortunately, you have a Trainz community here, and will meet many people this weekend who don't consider age, sex, color, or nationality.

We are all fellow rail-fans. They will enjoy meeting you.

Your plan sounds great. Let me know if you have any questions ahead of time.

I am going to LOVE this convention!

I now understand why you didn't specify your age until after people had a chance to see your work.

You have a LOT of talent compared to anyone, period! But if people knew how young you are first, how could you be sure that you were receiving honest comments about your route?

Some people are relunctant to critize the work of young people, even when it is constructive critism. You didn't want your route to be graded on a curve. Smart move! :cool:

You can now be confident that the positive comments were due to the quality of your work. :Y:

Fortunately, you have a Trainz community here, and will meet many people this weekend who don't consider age, sex, color, or nationality.

We are all fellow rail-fans. They will enjoy meeting you.

Your plan sounds great. Let me know if you have any questions ahead of time.

Thanks! I have no questions. Another reason is that I also don't want people to be too surprised when they see a teenager at the door...;) :p

See you tomorrow and Saturday!

Convention Review Part 1 and CSX

Friday was fun. I ran 208 through my route with his usual plus some manifest. The computer ran very smoothly! Today I will run a train again but this time it will be in front of more people at 8pm.

Hopefully we can get screens from Friday uploaded on Monday.

wiphialeahyard.jpg

CSX progress is nearly done for the week as I am working on a modified Hialeah Yard (above). After the convention, I threw in O722 and ran him briefly through Work In Progress areas.

csx0722hialeah.jpg

wip63rdst.jpg

The east side of the tracks in Hialeah were very empty thus far, so I cropped thusly...

wip54thst.jpg

Convention Part II and FEC 121

I had a blast on Saturday, from the prize drawing to the Trainz! Congrats to Richard's daughter on winning a trip on a historical car called the Azalea! Many noted railfans won various prizes, from railfanning to their models. Thanks for the invite!

208 was run again at the convention, with many great photo angles. Meanwhile, I do have dawn shots of train 121. Here they are!

We start out with 121 at Pompano. First, the DD and second, the Goodyear.

fec121pompanodd.jpg

fec121pompanoairport.jpg

121 is seen next at Lauderdale.

121lauderdale.jpg

Finally, we see him at Hollywood.

presignal.jpg

fec121pigs.jpg

fec121autos.jpg

fec121manifest.jpg

fec121end.jpg

Now, we will be getting the water tower! Thanks Martynas!

I am back from a business trip that immediately followed the FECRS convention.

I want to thank my new friend Tolga (BrickBuilder711) for his contribution at this year's FECRS convention. I had car problems last Saturday night which I had to address, and he stepped in to make sure that the Trainz presentation moved forward.

Many FECRS members are looking forward to this exciting FEC route from BrickBuilder711 as so am I.

I have just downloaded many Trainz screenshots taken by Tolga during the FECRS convention. I will make sure that they are available for presentation tomorrow.

My time is limited tonight, but I have more things to cover tomorrow.

I am back from a business trip that immediately followed the FECRS convention.

I want to thank my new friend Tolga (BrickBuilder711) for his contribution at this year's FECRS convention. I had car problems last Saturday night which I had to address, and he stepped in to make sure that the Trainz presentation moved forward.

Many FECRS members are looking forward to this exciting FEC route from BrickBuilder711 as so am I.

I have just downloaded many Trainz screenshots taken by Tolga during the FECRS convention. I will make sure that they are available for presentation tomorrow.

My time is limited tonight, but I have more things to cover tomorrow.

Thanks!

It's been a pleasure to meet you and I look forward to seeing you again.

For the record I do have screenshots of a representation of Boca. Work In Progress.

feccoachesboca.jpg

Progress: Now at SE VIlla Rica!

Glad to see that you are moving into Boca Raton on your route.

You may want to use the FEC silver passenger cars and the Southwest Station. They are the closest thing that I am aware of.

FECboca1.jpg

fecboca.jpg

I didn't get you a CD with the FEC track charts, aerial photos, and bird's eye shots on it, did I?

Just send me you mailing address, and I'll send you out a CD.

Also remember that you are heading into my back yard; so if there are any pictures that you need, just let me know.

You are going to have to give me a course on block signals. You seem to have the FEC equipment matched great.

And here is the water tower on my test route:

boynton.jpg

I like it very much! Thanks Martynas!

I like it too but adjusted the color on the stem to match.

I wonder if the is any way to add the town name (or better yet) make it renameable?

Great stuff! It will really help the layout, by letting people know where they are.

FECtower.jpg

Glad to see that you are moving into Boca Raton on your route.

You may want to use the FEC silver passenger cars and the Southwest Station. They are the closest thing that I am aware of.

I didn't get you a CD with the FEC track charts, aerial photos, and bird's eye shots on it, did I?

Just send me you mailing address, and I'll send you out a CD.

Also remember that you are heading into my back yard; so if there are any pictures that you need, just let me know.

You are going to have to give me a course on block signals. You seem to have the FEC equipment matched great.

Thanks for the tip! Block signals work out great, except for the 3 head searchlights. All we have is the gantry, but I have used CDN searchlights for 3 heads...

However though I do not have the silver cars, so I went with this substitution. I will replace the station soon.

Please, do not worry about the track charts! Perhaps you can feel free to hand them when we meet again, whether it be the 09 convention or a railfan meet. Thanks anyway! :)

How did you do that? That is a stunning image. Maybe I can do that.

Martynas did all of the work. I simply edited his water tower in explorer by changing the name of his jpg image m2 to m2x, then I made a copy of his jpg image 1 and called it m2. Finally, I commited the asset in Content Manager.

This change painted the stem the same as the tank portion.

I can reskin some items, but creating the object (or what I believe they call the mess) is a talent I do not have....yet.

Renameable or animated objects like Ben Dorsey's FEC bridges is another step higher.

I've seen some amazing work on this site by some talented people. If I had such skills the water tower would say BOYNTON BEACH on it.

I bet renameable 3D (thick) letters along the rim of the water tower would be VERY difficult. It would probably involve auto-adjusting meshes in addition to re-lettering; and on a curved surface ta-boot.

I don't think I have seen anything like that yet. We would all have to bow to the master if someone figured that out.

Martynas did all of the work. I simply edited his water tower in explorer by changing the name of his jpg image m2 to m2x, then I made a copy of his jpg image 1 and called it m2. Finally, I commited the asset in Content Manager.

This change painted the stem the same as the tank portion.

I can reskin some items, but creating the object (or what I believe they call the mess) is a talent I do not have....yet.

Renameable or animated objects like Ben Dorsey's FEC bridges is another step higher.

I've seen some amazing work on this site by some talented people. If I had such skills the water tower would say BOYNTON BEACH on it.

I bet renameable 3D (thick) letters along the rim of the water tower would be VERY difficult. It would probably involve auto-adjusting meshes in addition to re-lettering; and on a curved surface ta-boot.

I don't think I have seen anything like that yet. We would all have to bow to the master if someone figured that out.

Very true. It is very difficult to see such 3d lettering in trainz...

Thanks for the tips!

Back