Tutorials on Crossings vague

marlonza

Hi everyone
I have read through the catch0 tuts, and some others, but I don't seem to "grasp" how to do a crossing, rail over rail that is.

I have a dual track setup, and a turnout, meaning that the return track crosses an existing track.

How do I handle crossings? How do I signal crossings? Do I just lay the one track over the other one and thats it?

Any advice would be great :)

Regards
Marlon

Hi everyone
I have read through the catch0 tuts, and some others, but I don't seem to "grasp" how to do a crossing, rail over rail that is.

I have a dual track setup, and a turnout, meaning that the return track crosses an existing track.

How do I handle crossings? How do I signal crossings? Do I just lay the one track over the other one and thats it?

Any advice would be great :)

Regards
Marlon

Have you done a search for it yet? There have been a few threads recently about this.

There is also Boat's new ASB asset which allows signalling of diamond crossings.

Cheers.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but you could use a junction link (in-built as a scenery item I think) and link the two points using that. That way, if one is set to diverge, they both are and will stop any collisions. This is a bit limiting if you happen to have two trains passing the junction at the same time as they would be able to take diverging routes, but it is a simple part-fix. The ASB is the best way to go though.

Last edited:
Thanks
And sorry, but I did indeed search, I suppose im just not searching for the right keywords. I will check it out, I want to try and do it using as little as possible third party assets, to make route distribution easier.

Let me try it
M

Don't worry about using 3rd party stuff as long as it's on the DLS it won't be too much of a problem. If you go for the ASB, get all the ATLS stuff too as they can be used to make cracking level crossings.

Cheers.

Back