Turning off sound in TRS2006.

craig72x

Hello everyone.

I have TRS2006 with service pack 1.

What I would like to know is, can I turn off the sound in Train Sim?

I like listening to my music (on my PC) when I play Train Sim, but I don’t want to hear the sound of the trains as well as my music. ;)

Thanks for any help.

Craig.

Hello everyone.

I have TRS2006 with service pack 1.

What I would like to know is, can I turn off the sound in Train Sim?

I like listening to my music (on my PC) when I play Train Sim, but I don’t want to hear the sound of the trains as well as my music. ;)

Thanks for any help.

Craig.

You can't (nor can you in TS2009 or, I expect, in TS2010) - it's a pain. I had to build another PC just to play my music on.

Add the cost of a new PC to the cost of TRS2006 and it becomes an expensive game.

Add the line: -disablerailjointsound in your Trainzoptions file.

A portable MP3 or CD player costs @$30

Hi cascaderailroad. Found the file and have added the line you suggested. Will give it a try.

And I do have an MP3 player. But I don't like usning it when I'm at home cos I always miss phone calls. LOL.

Hello b9k9kiwi. Auran should include an option to turn off sound in the next vresion of TRS they make. :)

Thanks to both for your replies.

Craig. :cool:

Last edited:
It might be worth experimenting with the Windows sound mixer. For example you could try cutting out sounds made by everything except audio CD's.

John

It might be worth experimenting with the Windows sound mixer. For example you could try cutting out sounds made by everything except audio CD's.

John

Hi John. Never thought of that. Will give it a try. Thanks.

Adding the file -.disablerailjointsound did not work.:'(

Craig.

Loose the period and it will work.:)

Hello bnsf50.

There is no period in what I put in Trainzoptions. It’s just on my post.

Just to make 100% sure I’m doing everything correct, is the Trisections a text file that is opened with Notepad?

This is what I have.

-DepthBits=24
-StencilBits=8
-fullscreen
-Jet=bin
-cabinfov=65
-driverfov=55
-DefaultAutoMip=none
-disablerailjointsound

Thanks to everyone for your help.

It should have stopped the rail click-clack noises...hmm

While youare there in Trainzoptions File, enter the two separate lines:
-freeintcam
You can roam about the Cab, or outside, in Driver

-surveyorfov=55 (Totally adjustable, anytime, by changing the numeral up or down to =185 for super fisheye wide angle view, or a smaller view like =100 for a mid wide angle view). Handy for advanced tracklaying and manipulating large Basemaps into position.

Here's what mine looks like.

-DepthBits=24
-StencilBits=8
-loc
-fullscreen
-disablerailjointsound
-showkuids
-freeintcam
-resourcememory=1500
-loadTime=1
-keepParicles=0
-keepAllRecources=0
-Intro=disable
-ForceRealTimeLoad=0
-allownoctrlrightclick
-Vsync=0
-FrameRate=160
-FramesToAverage=180
-width=1440
-height=900
-Jet=bin
-cabinfov=74.7975
-driverfov=63.9863
-DefaultAutoMip=none

-zfar=5090

Here's what mine looks like.

-DepthBits=24
-StencilBits=8
-loc
-fullscreen
-disablerailjointsound
-showkuids
-freeintcam
-resourcememory=1500
-loadTime=1
-keepParicles=0
-keepAllRecources=0
-Intro=disable
-ForceRealTimeLoad=0
-allownoctrlrightclick
-Vsync=0
-FrameRate=160
-FramesToAverage=180
-width=1440
-height=900
-Jet=bin
-cabinfov=74.7975
-driverfov=63.9863
-DefaultAutoMip=none

-zfar=5090

thats...
-keepParticles
(note the "t"), although since the defaults is 0 will make no difference.

Also, I believe the max recognised value for -FramesToAverage is 16

-FrameRate=160 seems wildy optimistic
Your missing -nolog :)

Back on topic, I have also always wanted control over Trainz sounds so I can listen to music while working on my route. If you listen to music via Windows Media Player then john259s idea does not apply (both volumes are controlled by the "Wave" slider). My solution has also been to run Trainz on a seperate PC, as suggested by b9k9kiwi. I would be very interested in any suggestion that allows me to kill Trainz sounds without affecting Media Player Library replay.

Phil

Last edited:
Thanks Phil, I'll make the corrections. Yea a lot of if not all of these came in while I still had the commodore 128, thats 128GHz CPU.

If you're using Windows Vista or above you can right click on the sound icon in the system tray, open the volume mixer and control volume per application.

Thanks Phil, I'll make the corrections. Yea a lot of if not all of these came in while I still had the commodore 128, thats 128GHz CPU.

A commodore 128 certainly did not have a 128Ghz cpu. The 128 stood for 128Kb of memory. I believe it might have been the first personal computer to have more than 64Kb memory.

Cheers,
Bill69

Last edited:
A commodore 128 certainly did not have a 128Ghz cpu. The 128 stood for 128Kb of memory. I believe it might have been the first personal computer to have more than 64Kb memory.

Cheers,
Bill69

Yea I remembered that after I posted, my bad I know it wasn't even close to that. :eek:

Hi everyone.

Sorry I’ve not replied sooner, been busy.

I was wondering if what bnsf50.told me to put in Trainzoptions does not work cos of the build/version of TRS2006 I have?

Build: 3092. Version: 2.6.

Once again, thanks to everyone for helping.

Back