TurfFX invasive effect when observed from a distance

cisso

quelques pieds sous terre
Hello,

Does any of you has the same rendering with turfFX when away then closer (see screenshots below)? The grass seem to invade tracks but it should not as I did not put any grass on track when mapping.

See below the bridge, looks like track is invaded with grass
1.jpg

But when you get closer, you see it as it should be rendered. Tracks are free from grass.
2.jpg

Is the only way to avoid this to put grass further away from tracks?

Pretty much, yes.

The issue is the TurfFX is vertex-based, which means the grass clumps are placed on the 4-corners of each baseboard square just like the textures. There is not much we can do about this because out grid-resolution is still pretty low even when we use the 5-meter grid. To avoid the grass poking through roads and tracks, I use a shorter grass closest to these objects and will also use grass splines if that doesn't work as well as I expect.

It is also very difficult to achieve a natural appearance with TurfFX which needs to be used sparingly and intermixed with the likes of other grasses having different profiles. Other than playing field, crop fields and some meadows there is little uniform in nature and most track-sides are made up of growth which is anything but uniform. Peter

Back