TUNNELS - JUMPING TO THE WRONG TRACK TO THE TUNNEL

bushymo

I have noticed that in TRS 12 when connecting your track to a two track tunnel, that if you are not careful the left or right track leading into a tunnel will automatically jump to the other line if you are intending to drag it straight to the respective tunnel track, so you need to take your left track a bit to the left so that it will join the left track and the right track is the same, or else it will jump over and form a point to the other track.

To correct this you need to click 'undo' and try again... that never happened in earlier versions of TRS, but it is one of the annoying parts of TRS 12, but I don't ever recall this happening in TRS 10, because I didn't make any layouts in TRS 10 because of the poor selection of ground textures...

I used to make layouts in TRS 04, 06, and the odd couple in 09 and this didn't happen...

I recall that in 04, the track splines used to form ridges in the smoothness of your tracks if you had any sort of gradient or hill, and your consists would appear to jump up little steps, and you had to go along and check that there weren't any little up and down steps in your track. this also used to happen when connecting track to bridges, but in TRS 12... you have this frustrating thing happen when connecting track to two track tunnels...

You can't drag the connecting track directly straight to the respective line of your tunnel, you need to take the left track more to the left and take your right track away more to the right to prevent the track from joining the other track, and forming a point or switch like you would normally use for a siding...

It does not affect single track tunnels, you just take the track straight to join the mouth of the tunnel.

I am not liking the new tunnels, or at least I don't know how to use them like the talipatchi ones, where you need the dighole... or the AJS ones....

The best and easiest tunnels to use are the old customary ones where you just place your tunnel join the tracks and form your hill or mountain over them but you can't do that with the newer tunnels in TRS 12... If you do them in the same way as you used to with the standard auran tunnels, you find your tunnel spline rising with the mountain, or filling in when you go to form your hiils or mountains over the top of them....

With the old tunnels from Auran, the ones we used to have, providing you created a little depression underneath them, you didn't have bits of dirt protruding down from the top on the inside, but even though these new tunnels are better looking, they don't seem to be all that easy to use... I have tried various types of the new tunnels, and they just don't want to do the right thing, Help!...:confused:

Last edited:
There is nothing stopping you sticking with what you know. Can I ask why the large font you have been using with all your post of late. Do you know that typing in capitals in a forum is considered as yelling and can be taken as you being quite rude to others.

OOOPSEE!... YES.. EYESIGHT IS NOT THAT GOOD

:eek: :eek: Ah Yes... Bearcat, my eyesight is not that flash these days and Yes!... I am aware of the bit about 'shouting' what I usually do is type it large to start with so that I can see what I am writing, and it is easier to pick up spelling errors and that, and then usually prior to posting, I drop it down to around 3, so that it looks as normal text... somtimes I do forget and I then go back and edit it and resize it down...

... I have just been back to the main list and found that I have doubled up on a thread,... There are two threas called 'Tunnels, jumping to the wrong track' have only just picked that mistake up... I know you can delete double ups on postings, but I know that only Auran can delete an unwanted double of of a thread...

I guess that will have to stay there until it is deleted
Hope this text size is better...Cheers!:)

Last edited:
Have you tried the patches for TS12? This seemed to fix the jumping bit with the tracks when connecting to tunnels and bridges.

I like your larger font, by the way. It's so much easier on the eyes. :D

John

Bushymo

The default type aize appears to be two, it would be good if you can change down to that. How do you manage reading others posts, such as this one which is the default type size? Do you find that colours other than black are a problem?

Peter

IT ALSO ELIMINATES UNSEEN MISTAKES

Thanks John... I find that when typing small text, you later go back and find that you've got umpteen spelling errors that you have not picked up.. and I have even done a double up of the thread 'Tunnels' Jumping To The Wrong Track' :eek: Trouble is, that you as a forum member cannot go back and delete a thread duplication, like you can do if you accidentally double up on a posting, where you can put your apology and 'see below'... Deletion of a thread can only be done by Auran, or one of the moderators... not by any of us...

How on earth did I do that?... It wasn't until I looked back to the main listing for all the threads that I came across the double up of my thread...Gosh!...

Last edited:
Thanks John... I find that when typing small text, you later go back and find that you've got umpteen spelling errors that you have not picked up.. and I have even done a double up of the thread 'Tunnels' Jumping To The Wrong Track' :eek: Trouble is, that you as a forum member cannot go back and delete a thread duplication, like you can do if you accidentally double up on a posting, where you can put your apology and 'see below'... Deletion of a thread can only be done by Auran, or one of the moderators... not by any of us...

How on earth did I do that?... It wasn't until I looked back to the main listing for all the threads that I came across the double up of my thread...Gosh!...

No problem, Bushymo. I find that even with my glasses now, I can't see anything. For awhile I was mixing up 3 and 5 in piano music fingering. This is the difference between the middle finger or the pinky, and can mean a hand or wrist twist instead of a smooth flow. The other frustration too is 1 and 4, or 1 and a staccato mark, which can range from a flea-egg sized dot to a slight wedge shape. I am either missing the dot, or trying to put my thumb or ring finger on the note instead!

What helps on the computer is the ability to zoom in, so you don't need to type big, is to increase the viewable font in your browser. With IE you can zoom in by clicking on the percentage number. With Fire Fox, hit Ctrl+ for bigger, For me the comfortable zoom is between 110% and 120% larger.

For some reason some designers use tiny, itty bitty type, which to me is about the size of an ant's footprint, or a fly egg as I told someone once. For these pages, I really have to zoom way up.

The double thread thing is a problem. I wish I could delete them too.

John

Back