TUME’s Simulation of “The Milwaukee Road”

Again some landscape decoration could be done at the southside of Clark Fork River just a little east of Alberton, MT. At the first screenshots we are looking from the MILWAUKEE Road across Clark Fork River where the Petty Creek Road crosses the river. The BN westbound freight just moves through Lothrop, MT.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Your's TUME

Hey Tume, do you have any information regarding GE U36C's on the electrified segments? I've made one and I think it'd look good on your route. Thanks!

Hey Tume, do you have any information regarding GE U36C's on the electrified segments? I've made one and I think it'd look good on your route. Thanks!

Hello,

I did some research about the possibility of U 36Cs at the Milwaukee Road Montana Division.
Therefore I whatched part one of the Pentrex-Video again which once has been made during the last month of electrification at the Montana Division. But I only saw U 33Cs over there.

At the page below (follow the link) you can find a little description about the U 36Cs at MILW lines west.
http://undertheweatherblog.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-scavenger.html

Thats all what I found out so far.

So it is hard to tell if the U 36Cs has been serving at the Montana Division among the other locos. There is a little chance for more information when I will watch the second and the third part of the Pentrex-Video again (at the moment I could only whatch part one).

But just in case if you have made the U 33Cs and if it supports season change (a version covered with snow like my SD40-2s at the screens) it could be well implemented into a future session belonging with my route.

Your's TUME

Additional:

An additional internet search brought up a picture (follow the link) of a train near butte.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/157473713@N02/51082383266/

The photographer wrote:

"Rare was seeing a GE this late on the Rocky Mountain Division. It was domain of EMD SD40-2's.
Butte helpers are on the front giving the door flopping Extra West U36C's an added boost up the Continental Divide. The train has just passed the west switch of Grace siding and about half way up the east side of the Pass. Mountains in the background are the Tobacco Root Mountain Range. Much more spectacular than the foreground."

So perhaps the U36C's where rarely used to pull trains at the Montana Division also. But at the picture we dont see any catanery any more. Maybe we sould not use the U36C's beside the electrics :)

Last edited:
Hello,
the next big rockface at the south side of Clark Fork River has been finished. The first screens indicates a MILW eastbound freight running beside the Highway 10 about 3 Miles east of Alberton, MT within the newly decorated rockface in background. Long ago the visible portion of Highway 10 has been converted to the 4 lane Interstate 90 of our days. The Interstate 90 was constructed in portions. Therefore we see portions of a single 2 lane road among the already 4 lane portions of the Interstate 90 at the route.

Your's TUME

Hello, Tume!
As always I enjoy viewing your images of the
virtual Milwaukee Road. It often makes me wonder what this line would look like if the SOO Line inherited it, and the Canadian Pacific, or what if Burlington Northern purchased it,and the electric fleet, and overhauled them. I don't know, but, seeing a Little Joe in SOO colors, or BN Cascade Green has always intrigued me. Keep up the good work.
Jessica K.

Hello, Tume!
As always I enjoy viewing your images of the
virtual Milwaukee Road. It often makes me wonder what this line would look like if the SOO Line inherited it, and the Canadian Pacific, or what if Burlington Northern purchased it,and the electric fleet, and overhauled them. I don't know, but, seeing a Little Joe in SOO colors, or BN Cascade Green has always intrigued me. Keep up the good work.
Jessica K.

Hello, yes, it would be interesting to see the MILW in our days. Perhaps there could several wind power turbines have been installed at the mountain chains (where the wind should blow enough) to privide green energy to locomotives may be named "Little Joe 2". If you have a look some pages back, I have made some screenshots within such wind power turbines in the background.

Your's TUME

Today a lot of terrain southside of Clark Fork River could be finished. This makes screenshots near Soudan, MT possible looking west and south west.
The first two screenshots indicates a road in the very foreground. To the right that road goes to Alberton, MT and to Huson to the left. In the middleground we can see two lanes of Interstate 90 running beside the BN (ex NP) line. Back that time Interstate 90 consisted only two lanes between Huson and Alberton, MT. The Milwaukee Road eastbound freight moves through the sidings at Soudan, MT (at the right) and the big curve east of it.

The large embankment which carries the big curve of the Milwaukee Road track just east of Soudan, MT has now been partenly digged away and people have built several houses at that positions ... how dare they :) :)

Your's TUME

Last edited:
Hello,

I did some research about the possibility of U 36Cs at the Milwaukee Road Montana Division.
Therefore I whatched part one of the Pentrex-Video again which once has been made during the last month of electrification at the Montana Division. But I only saw U 33Cs over there.

At the page below (follow the link) you can find a little description about the U 36Cs at MILW lines west.
http://undertheweatherblog.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-scavenger.html

Thats all what I found out so far.

So it is hard to tell if the U 36Cs has been serving at the Montana Division among the other locos. There is a little chance for more information when I will watch the second and the third part of the Pentrex-Video again (at the moment I could only whatch part one).

But just in case if you have made the U 33Cs and if it supports season change (a version covered with snow like my SD40-2s at the screens) it could be well implemented into a future session belonging with my route.

Your's TUME

"Rare was seeing a GE this late on the Rocky Mountain Division. It was domain of EMD SD40-2's.
Butte helpers are on the front giving the door flopping Extra West U36C's an added boost up the Continental Divide. The train has just passed the west switch of Grace siding and about half way up the east side of the Pass. Mountains in the background are the Tobacco Root Mountain Range. Much more spectacular than the foreground."

So perhaps the U36C's where rarely used to pull trains at the Montana Division also. But at the picture we dont see any catanery any more. Maybe we sould not use the U36C's beside the electrics :)

Hi Tume,

Thank you for special Photo Links for Vintage MILW Train Shots.........:p

Hello,
again some screenshots taken between Soudan and Huson, MT. From the Interstate 90 bridge we see a MILW eastbound freight as well a BN eastbound running at the opposite of the river.

Your's TUME

Hello, thank you all for your compliments!
In the next screenstots a Milwaukee Road eastbound freight moves through a cut, which can still be seen today about 1,5 Miles west of Huson, MT. In the right background we see the Interstate 90.

Your's TUME

Hello,
today I felt it was time for a new "Progress Video" of my Milwaukee Road Alberton-Avery route. The route has been decorated to the point you can see at the video in the first scene. During footage capture I saw that the route needs some more detailes here and than - a bit more grass and things like that.

Your's TUME

When I saw this pic, I felt a sense of familiarity about it. Your rendition is really close!

The area looks like it's near Forsyth, MT. If it is, that's US 12 crossing over the river and tracks on that bridge, but it's not because it's pretty flat in that area.

https://goo.gl/maps/hRApgRuFTJp2NZSZ6

I went through there in July 2012.

Last edited:
Your work here is beyond words . The whole scope of the route is always fantastic to see . I look forward to your posting . Thanks

Matt

It is to drool...

I would like to some protection on those level crossings, though, Tume. Crossbucks at least, and whistle posts for the trains. See my Mainstreeter and 1956 Hiawatha for ideas. I came west on US 10 64 years ago and have protected the NP / US10 crossings as best I recall...

:B~)

Hello guys,
again, people asks when the route will be released. Like always this question is hard to answer. Content and route creators can imagine easily that the release day depends mainly on two major influences.

1. How much work still needs to be done.
2. Usable spare time for content assets, route and sessions.

Well, the list for the first point still is quite long in detail so I just name the major points:

1.1:
Finishing route building in T:ANE at the sections near Huson, MT (western end of the route); (working in TS19 or higher probably requires an update of my PC-Power which would be quite expensive right now)

1.2:
Finishing route building in T:ANE at the sections from St. Regis toward Paradise, MT (along the NP line) as far it is needed to prevent a visible "End of World" while looking from St. Regis into that wide valley.

1.3:

Route refurbishment of the Avery-Drexel part:

:
Fixing the track gradient at Adair loop and through the tunnel #25

1.3.2:
Changing the baseboard grid from 10 meters to 5 meters and readjustment of several slopes and cliffs beside the tracks

1.3.3:
Replacement of several bushes including its new height adjustment (meaning it cannot be done automatically)

:
Adding of several rock cliff details at the mountain slopes including rock and gravel textures as required

:
Creation and adding and decoration of several more baseboards as required to prevent a visible "End of World" e.g., near Haugan, MT (I will need to learn how to do this using Trans DEM)

1.4:Moving of the route to Trainz Railroad Simulator 22 (which probably requires an update of my PC-Power – the main reason why I am still working in T:ANE), (I hope for a normalization of prices after the world economy has fully recovered from the pandemic perhaps, I should not wait, perhaps I should wait doing investments – it’s very hard to tell)

1.5:
Object asset update of tracks, bridges and may be tunnel portals by using BPR-Textures to match the BPR-Appearance of the route in Trainz 22 (I already created BPR-Versions of my ground textures)

1.6:
Creation of special objects like school buildings, court houses, shop buildings, NP-Depot buildings, rail bridges, road bridges as required and implementation in the route

1.7:

Creation and/or fixing and/or refurbishment of rolling stock and locomotive assets as required

1.8:
Implementing of more detail decoration using the possibilities of Trainz 22

1.9:

Creation and testing of sessions

For the second point (usable spare time) it is even harder to make an accurate prediction:

As I strongly limit my contacts during the pandemic waves to protect myself (and the people I need to take care of), I can use more time working on trainz because I delayed my other hobbies (cross-fit and driving heritage streetcars on extra charters). But as soon as I can benefit from an effective vaccine also against the Omicron-Covid-Virus (expected on April) this situation will change. I guess about that time the streetcar in my hometown can restart its heritage streetcar operations on extra charters and so I will spend more time doing this. In addition, I need to get back to my cross-fit activities to keep myself in moving to prevent back problems in connection with age and my job and my trainz-hobby in front of a PC.

So eventually I guess the route cannot be finished this year and it is hard to tell about the probability of any release date next year.

Your’s TUME

Last edited:
Back