TS2012 patch issue

bigboy4014

East Broad Top Historian
maybe someone here can help me out, i recently bought ts2012 so i could play mulitplayer, and like most people have not been able to use the game for the reason i bought it for, a friend told me that the way to solve this is to patch the game, so i went to the auran site and tried to patch my 46956 to a 46957 and every single time i do i get a message saying "This patch file is not applicable to your current installation version.No valid patch operation was specified".

if anyone knows how to fix this issue, i'm told it's a common thing with steam, so any help would be appreciated

Welcome to the forums.

Can I ask which patch you are using to update? For build 49657, you need the 46957 to 48249 patch, then the 48249 to 49922 patch, then the recently released TS12 SP1 patch from 49922 onwards.

Shane

Can you check your current build number? You will find that in the bottom right corner of your start-up screen (the one with the 8 buttons).

If you enter your username and password under Options and restart the game, it usually will auto-patch to the latest version.
If it starts patching: Let it run. This can take some time!

How can i disable the auto patch? I dont want the new service pack, because a) i dont have the time to dl and install it and b) it has too many issues.
Or is 'cut the lan connection' the only way after they released the auto patch version?

At the moment, you do not need to worry, as it's currently only a manual patch.

However, if you use Multiplayer, you will need to install the patch in order to play any sessions created/updated by users who have installed the patch.

Shane

Thats not the problem, i was never able to use mp because i have the german version build 50027, so i'm not able to play mp with my friends! But thats another topic....grrr

I meant: Can i disable automatically patches for the game?

Felix...

That's simple enough. If a patch gets offered, simply click No.

Anyway, your version will probably get a separate patch, which may be smaller.

Shane

Ah, nice! So this will (probably) improve nothing! I guess i get no patch to fix the merging bug...but i already guessed that lol. I should go and play railworks :(
Why are they not able to delete those stupid build numbers?! I dont want to be a second class trainzer, i paid the same price!!

Felix :'( :'( :'(

And i guess this topic will be closed now and i'll get a ban because N3V dislikes what i said :(

i have the german version build 50027
No worries then, as this patch then is not for you :p. This patch is for 49922 to 57720.

i dont have the time to dl and install it
You don't have to hold hands of the bites; it can do so while you are doing other stuff. I see you online during weekends long enough for you to download the patch. No worries m8, it will be fine eventually!

I cant work on my route while downloading...and i'm only 4h per day on, and this only Fr, Sa and Su except holidays, because my parents are a**holes (i'm 16 btw!!!)

Offtopic

I keep seeing this...
Funny. First thing that jumped to mind was this:
Sixth Sense movie said:
I see dead people.
:hehe:

Bytes not Bites
I was more thinking bits not bytes. Especially as I every now and then have to actually calculate memory in bits.
Plus, holding 8 hands (the number of bits in a byte) at once makes no sense.

I keep seeing people not ending their sentences with a point. I guess we all make typo's every now and then :p. I have a habit of making them yet you will mostly see those that didn't get killed by a spelling checker. Don't waste your time on it or you might miss your train (or is "missing your train" not a phrase in English? Don't answer).
Anyway, now that we have this covered lets move on ;).

No offence meant and none taken.

4 Bytes in a Word
8 Bits in a Byte
4 Bits in a Nibble

Wow, haven't thought of those in a long time.... Not since a Z80 was state of the art....

:D I am intrigued that you have to calc memory in bits in this day and age. Makes me wonder what you are doing?

Ah, I thought maybe you were working on smaller code, like that which run a programmable wall thermostat and the like.

I am trying to patch my TS 12 build 46957 With the patch 46957 - 48249 but keep getting the error: File error while reading patch data.
No valid patch operation was specified. Patching aborted.

Back