TS2012 and CM3.6

jfike

Hi, I'm back again with TS2012 and have a couple of questions. It seems that since I have the same login to the Content Manager, that when I went there, it identified all the old TS2006 stuff I had as well as TS2012, even though TS2006 if off my computer. I selected an "update all", not realizing this, and now it takes over a half hour just to load the CM. And the CM comes up in "searching for dependencies" and seems like it would stay in this mode for hours, unless stopped via the task manager.

Now I'm just guessing at what happened, but is there a way to start fresh and are there some "tips" to maintain my database? I'm thinking there's a way to archive items I'm not using at this time? I renamed assets.bku but that didn't help.

I've been searching the threads here but it seems Content stuff is spread throughout the different versions and looks like there's quite a few bugs. I thought this would be a better experience than TS2006, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

Okay, I did a complete uninstall of TS2012 with Revo Uninstaller and it found hundreds of old registry items left behind from TD2006. After a re-install things are running much smoother (and quicker.)

I personally use Revo Uninstaller for dealing with things like that - hence why I have a tutorial on it on my tutorial website.

Trainz frequently leaves behind old registry entries after uninstalling it.

It's good to see that you've got it working better though.

Shane

Back