TRS22 and TrainzPlus Membership

tex38

Hi,
I recently cancelled my TrainzPlus membership and lost all access to my TRS22.

My TRS22 was part of the purchase deal when I got TrainzPlus.

Is it normal to lose TRS22 if I cancel membership?

Thanks

TeX38

Sadly, the answer may be, it depends on when you bought it. For a while they offered to sell you Trainz+ for a year and after that you could keep 22 if you did not continue Trainz+. It sounds like you may not have purchased during that timeframe, as it only lasted a while. This is why I have still not bought into 22, as they have made it such a confusing mess that I won't touch it. I know I could buy 22 stand-alone, but what I get and don't get is confusing, both short term and long term. Better for me to stay with 19 until the next version comes out, then buy what is offered of 22 at that point, - maybe.

There was a small window when TRS22 was first announced in December of 2021 where if you signed up for a 1 year membership to Trainz Plus then you got a copy of TRS22 that you could keep even if you cancelled the membership. I believe the offer ran for roughly 60 days. If you got your membership after February 2022 then you only had access to TRS22 for as long as your membership was active.

Hi,
I recently cancelled my TrainzPlus membership and lost all access to my TRS22.

My TRS22 was part of the purchase deal when I got TrainzPlus.

Is it normal to lose TRS22 if I cancel membership?

Thanks

TeX38

Yes, you bought a membership that gave access to TRS22 while it was valid. To get TRS22 you need to purchase the retail version or get another membership. TRS22 and your routes have not gone, just hidden until you buy one of the above.

Extract from
https://store.trainzportal.com/pages/trainz-railroad-simulator-2022

What is Trainz Plus Standard Membership?
Trainz Plus Standard membership provides access to the latest Trainz Plus build, and includes an ongoing First Class Ticket.
You also receive the full TRS19 and TRS22 built-in content sets.
You can cancel your membership at any time and access to your Trainz builds (and other benefits) will end at the expiration of that billing period.

Just curious if they warn people of this when they subscribe?

Well, they certainly warn you when you cancel the membership. Big boldly colored graphics listing all the features that will no longer be available. Obviously, hoping you change your mind.:)

Yes, it is a mess - I bought a Gold Trainz+ subscription and I have no idea what I get to keep (if anything) if I cancel my subscription this December. For that reason I'm not creating any routes in TRS22 as I've no idea if they will still work if my subscription ends. Similarly with DLC - I'm trying not to get attached to the new HST (which is good) or Mk1 coaches (which are poor) in case I lose those too after December (the class 47 and class 11 are totally niche, so I'm not bothering with them in any case.)

Paul

Back