TRS 2006 and Blender Exporter

srude

Hi;

Does anyone know if normal maps are exported from Blender, into TRS 2006? I include the NRM file in the exporter but I don't see the effect when loading the model into Srveyor.

Or, is that feature only for 2009?

Thanks in advance for whatever answer is provided.

srude

Hi;

Does anyone know if normal maps are exported from Blender, into TRS 2006? I include the NRM file in the exporter but I don't see the effect when loading the model into Srveyor.

Or, is that feature only for 2009?

Thanks in advance for whatever answer is provided.

srude

Normal maps work in TRS2004 upwards. Getting them out the first time in Blender is not as straight forward as it could be. I have some TC3 content that uses normal maps from Blender and it took about three attempts before they came out.

Try changing the time in Surveyor and as the sun goes round so you should see the difference. If you are generating them with the photoshop plugin then be aware sometimes I can't see the difference. You need to create more contrast by drawing black and white lines in the texture file before creating the normal map.

Cheerio John

Normal maps and Blender for 2006

Thanks for replying--I appreciate the information--it has cleared up how the effect manifests itself.

srude

:)

Back