Trouble with old Jointed Rail content

Approach_Medium

Trainz Addict
Hi;
I have many purchased locos from JR, which worked fine until TANE SP2. Now, when I import the .cdp files (including all dependencies) I am getting lots of errors.

For example:
For both the "ATSF GP60M and the BNSF E44DC, the dependency "DDA40X interior" is faulty.
When I look at the errors, I see VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'fan_grill.texture'.
This same error is listed for all of the textures.
When I open in Explorer, I see that there are many texture files with .im type, and there are the .texture types but no *.texture.txt files.

I seem to recall when I had this problem earlier I was told to delete these lines from the config file, but I'm not sure.
I had to re-install TANE SP2 (build 90955) when I re-installed Windows 7.

There are also errors with the other locos, which may or may not be the same as this one.

Thanks for your help
CP

<kuid:-25:537> DDA40X interior is a builtin in TANE. Revert to Original should fix the problem.

Peter
Thanks. After I posted I did that, and yes, it did fix the problem. I don't know how the asset was modified, but sometimes when things don't work in TANE, I get frustrated, and start doing all sorts of things, then forget what I did.
Once I get everything installed without faults, I want to create new .cdp's for these locos. Am I correct in assuming that I need to create a .cdp for the loco itself, and then another for all of the dependencies? As I recall, exporting just the asset to .cdp will not export its dependencies, but perhaps that has changed since TS12 which is the version I was running when I purchased all of my JR content.

Edit: Looks like what I have been doing wrong is to submit edits when I see assets open for edit after importing the .cdp files, when I should have been reverting unsubmitted edits.

Last edited:
Back