Trouble with Clear Lake Logging V2 and TS2009

tangofoxtrot

I am a newbie to Trainz and am trying to get the route Clear Lake Logging V2 running on Trainz 2009. Most of it downloaded from DLS ok. The route does display almost correctly, but there are a number of broken dependencies, and most of the rolling stock is missing.
The most obvious problem is that some mesh and texture files seem to be missing. Here are some of the errors I get;
- unable to load texture xxx,
- unable to load the mesh file yyy
- the tag attachment is not permitted with a container of type interior.
How do I go about looking for and installing the missing files?
I know that originally CLL was developed for Trainz 2004. Will it work with 2009?
BTW, when a dependency is shown as broken/faulty, how does one fix it.

First try my website link on my siggy below and go to the routes section. There you can find the links to necessary dependencies that may be missing for CL2.

Second, please post the specific kuids that are reporting errors and the error message from CMP. That will help as I do not have 2009 to test but can generally figure out any issues with my content.

If he doesn't get back to you, I'll check it out and let you know what TS2010 complains about. It'll be a few days at least before that happens though. Route and Scenarios have been added to my download helper and I'll work on the external dependencies later (saw the page on your website) but there's a couple days worth of stuff queued up ahead of Clear Lake. :)

Incidentally, while I don't know about TS2009, I seem to have started getting some spurious commit error messages from items downloaded from the DLS in CMP. (Like messages about skipping an already installed and "open for edit" asset that was downloaded by CMP itself.)

Thanks Slugsmasher. I wasn't too clear in my post as to exactly how I got your route. I did go to your website and then clidked the "Download Now frm Auran Download Station", and the "Sessions and scenarios page" links. I used the download helper too. Are there other links I should also use?
Here are the complaints I got from TS2009:

For Invisi-mill small
Warning: Tag 'icon0' in the container 'industry' is obsolete.
Error: Unable to load texture 'C:\Program Files\Auran\TS2009/local/hash-88\content xwt29b6e207\shadow.bmp'.
Error: Unable to load texture 'shadow.bmp'.
For mc skeleton int
Error: The Tag 'attachment' is not permitted within a container of type 'interior'.
For Climax36Black Steam Ubit Bogey
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Error: The Tag 'category_region-2' is not permitted within a container of type 'bogey'.
Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'content ocx8meay269\Climax36Black_Body_Bogey_shadow\Climax36Black_Body_Bogey_shadow.pm'
for ng boxcar1 int
Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'content q4v6wdiy254\ng_boxcar_1_shadow\ng_boxcar_1_shadow.pm'
for ng tankcar
Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'content lg3jquu8249\ng_tankcar_shadow\ng_tankcar_shadow.pm'
for portal basic short
Warning: Tag 'icon0' in the container 'industry' is obsolete.
Error: Unable to load texture 'C:\Program Files\Auran\TS2009/local/hash-4c\content i4y41ygg202\shadow.bmp'.
Error: Unable to load texture 'shadow.bmp'.
for Shafer Bros Logging Company Eng Water Tower
Error: The texture 'bark1.bmp' is not a power of 2, please resize it.

There are several more. I'll post them a little later.

BTW, I really admire your work - excellent stuff!

Here's some additional stuff.
I obtained the error messages from the Content Manager by selecting View Errors&Warnings on the flagged items. The remaining ones are:
for 36ga Skeleton 22ft Mich-Cal
Warning: Tag 'icon0' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete.
Warning: Tag 'icon1' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete.
for 36 in Gauge Black Climax
Error: The Tag '/safety' is not permitted within a container of type 'traincar'.
Error: The Tag '/standing' is not permitted within a container of type 'traincar'.
Error: The Tag 'category_region-2' is not permitted within a container of type 'traincar'.
Error: The texture 'climax36black_body/light.tga' is not a power of 2, please resize it.
Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'content 0va73v7p244\Climax36Black_shadow\Climax36Black_shadow.pm'
Error: Unable to load texture 'climax36black_body/bodycolor.bmp'.
Error: Unable to load texture 'climax36black_body/brightred.bmp'.
Error: Unable to load texture 'climax36black_body/climaxname.bmp'.
for 36 in gauge ClimaxBlack Drive Bogie
Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'content 39ogaxor274\Climax36Black_Bogey_shadow\Climax36Black_Bogey_shadow.pm'

the kuid's

Sorry, forgot the kuid s. In the order shown in my earlier posts:
<kuid:44700:50203>
<kuid:96914:31000>
<kuid2:86661:55030:1>
<kuid:86661:15001>
<kuid:86661:15003>
<kuid:96914:22000>
<kuid:44797:28055>
<kuid:86661:15033>
<kuid2:86661:15430:3>
<kuid:44700:3>
<kuid:44700:50003>

If there is anything else I can look at that would help, let me know.
Thanks

Hi Slug.
How's it going?

Did I dream it, or do I remember you talking about an updated version of Clear Lake a while ago?

It was just before I took a break from Trainz.
Probably about a year ago.

Or was it really a dream? :mop:

Smiley.

Sorry, forgot the kuid s. In the order shown in my earlier posts:
<kuid:44700:50203>
<kuid:96914:31000>
<kuid2:86661:55030:1>
<kuid:86661:15001>
<kuid:86661:15003>
<kuid:96914:22000>
<kuid:44797:28055>
<kuid:86661:15033>
<kuid2:86661:15430:3>
<kuid:44700:3>
<kuid:44700:50003>

If there is anything else I can look at that would help, let me know.
Thanks

Are any of these items showing red in CMP?

If not then they should still work. Most of the listed content is UTC or TRS2004 and the original creators are unlikely to update them. I am in the process of updating some of my stuff kuid 86661. I think CMP automatically updates installed content if it is updated on the DLS.

to Slugsmasher

Most of these show up as faulty in CM. The complaints vary - tag not permitted, mesh texture tga file not a power of 2, unable to load texture/mesh file. I downloaded a bunch of CDP files from trainzone, and all of the rolling stock had these kinds of errors too.

BTW, when I did find some texture files, the instructions said to place them in a particular subdirectory of World - is this technique strictly for pre CM content before the unified database? Also, when I can't find something on the DLS and need to download it from elsewhere as a CDP file, do I need to do anything other than inport it to incoporate it into the dtabase?

BTW, when I did find some texture files, the instructions said to place them in a particular subdirectory of World - is this technique strictly for pre CM content before the unified database?

The TRS2004 and previous standard had a "world\custom" folder which is where all custom content goes. For TRS2006 and up you need a cdp or you can install files from a custom folder using CMP. Some of the older content came as a zip file with contents zipped from a custom folder. You should be able to extract those and use CMP to import from file folder.

Also, when I can't find something on the DLS and need to download it from elsewhere as a CDP file, do I need to do anything other than inport it to incoporate it into the dtabase?

No other than commit the asset.

Back