trouble with AI sessions

Bill69

I am having lots of problems with AI sessions in build 111951. When programing a session on my test track I placed two trains and consigned two drivers in surveyor. I programmed the drivers with the schedule library, gave the drivers the order to copy from the schedule library then went into quick drive mode. In drive mode I then had three drivers, one of them consigned to a box car in a train that already had a driver in the loco.

I could remove this driver from the box car then delete the driver, but how does this happen?

I also have had trouble when changing a session and the saving, but the session reverts to what it was before the change. i.e adding another train with driver does not show up in the newly saved session.

Seems to me that sessions are not saving properly.

Cheers,
Bill69

You must have a command before the copy library command in the schedule. I usually have wait 5 secs then copy commands from library. As for the session not doing the edits, make sure that you click "Reset All Rules" in the "edit session". This updates the session with anything added since you last ran the session.

Hi hert,

Yes I have a wait command before the copy command. I don't have a "reset all rules" command. I even went to add comands and it is not listed there, is it something that has to be downloaded?

Thanks for the reply,
Bill69

Went in to content manager, "no reset all commands" there but there is "reset list" rule. Is that the one you mean?

Cheers,
Bill69

Last edited:
The "Reset All Rules" is only in the TRS19 Platinum Edition and Trainz Plus. It is for the UDS Interface feature of those two editions. TRS19 does not have this feature.

I often find that when I open the Driver list in Driver mode, there are several (sometimes many) drivers that are unassigned to locos. Don't know what causes this but it does not seem to change anything in the session.

Check the state (ticked/unticked) of your check boxes in the Set Driver Command rule. This might be the cause of your problems.

All command rules that I want to use are ticked. Think I will just dumpTRS19, not spending any more money for a platinum version.

Bill69

I also have had trouble when changing a session and the saving, but the session reverts to what it was before the change. i.e adding another train with driver does not show up in the newly saved session.

You haven't supplied enough information to give an answer to that one but 9 times out of 10 the cause is saving the route and not both the route and session, and not giving the session, the first time it is saved, a distinctive name (to avoid it being called "default" and you end up with multiple sessions named "default").

Did you alter the session in surveyor and then save it? If you altered the session after you entered driver mode then it will not save to the original session. Alter the session in surveyor and save it before entering driver mode. Routes can be saved to the original but not the session once entering driver. Extra drivers in a consist are caused by your driver set up showing a tick in the fill all empty loco's with a driver. The boxcar may have been set up as a loco in the config.

All command rules that I want to use are ticked.

I am not referring to the commands in the Driver Command Rule but to the check box options that appear in the Driver Setup Rule, particularly after drivers have been added. These options, as Stagecoach has pointed out, control the replacement and assignment of drivers in a session.

The Driver Setup Rule and the saving of Routes and Session in TRS19 are really no different from what they are in TANE. There are one or two very minor changes, but nothing that would explain the "issues" you are experiencing. If you were able to correctly create, edit and save sessions in TANE then you should be able to do it as well in TRS19.

TRS19 Platinum and Trainz Plus have an additional feature, the Universal Driver Surveyor or UDS, which allows you to switch from Driver to Surveyor and back into Driver again without having to restart an entire session from its beginning. While this does have a "learning curve" when it comes to saving edited sessions in Driver (which, unlike TRS19, is possible), I have found that it saves an enormous amount of time during route and session development.

I did exactly the same as I have done in other versions. Went to "edit session" did some alterations clicked on "quick drive" and selected "save". This should have placed the new train in the session along with his commands but nothing appeared. The session already has a name and should have been overwritten.

Bill69

I am not referring to the commands in the Driver Command Rule but to the check box options that appear in the Driver Setup Rule, particularly after drivers have been added. These options, as Stagecoach has pointed out, control the replacement and assignment of drivers in a session. [sniped]

I have all the boxes in the driver setup unticked except the "focus on first train" when I add a train I use "add another driver"
I have also done this in previous versions and it causes no problems.

Bill69

I did exactly the same as I have done in other versions. Went to "edit session" did some alterations clicked on "quick drive" and selected "save".

So that I understand correctly, after doing your session edits you went to "Quick Drive" and then saved? I have never used "Qiuick Drive" but I always save the Session before I exit Surveyor and go into Driver. If Quick Drive does what I think it does (immediately run the Session in Driver mode), then I would save the Session before I go into Quick Drive. I strongly suspect that that is where your problem is.

Peter

I did get that in the past. My setup is to tick the remove existing drivers first and then wait for the process to complete.

I have now moved the whole route and session back to TANE build 105946 and everything works as it should.
The last thing I tried in TRS19 was to remove the drivers manually and tick "generate new drivers for empty trains"
Result:- Still had the old drivers when in drive and not assigned to any loco.

Also tried saving the session before going into drive, no difference, drivers not assigned to any train.

thank you all for trying to help,
Bill69

The "Reset All Rules" is only in the TRS19 Platinum Edition and Trainz Plus. It is for the UDS Interface feature of those two editions. TRS19 does not have this feature.

I often find that when I open the Driver list in Driver mode, there are several (sometimes many) drivers that are unassigned to locos. Don't know what causes this but it does not seem to change anything in the session.

Check the state (ticked/unticked) of your check boxes in the Set Driver Command rule. This might be the cause of your problems.
A few weeks ago I made a stink about all these drivers appearing on the list without a loco assigned. At the end, and with helpdesk involved, I discovered that you have to play with these green ticks at the bottom of the list. I think you have to tick ON everything. Helpdesk said that this is normal and all should be ticked. Try... Problem: Some locos are 3 part loco such as the Swiss crocodiles. There you want the center cab to be the real driving loco. If you tick everything, the driver list get's populated with everything you have, including the 2 ends of the crocodile. Now you have two more locos you don't use. But I can live with it...

Some locos are 3 part loco such as the Swiss crocodiles. There you want the center cab to be the real driving loco. If you tick everything, the driver list get's populated with everything you have, including the 2 ends of the crocodile. Now you have two more locos you don't use. But I can live with it...

Thanks for that. I have the same issue with Garratt locos (also 3 part articulated). I have also learnt to live with it.

Back