Trees

npr

I need good looking trees where can I down load them from, all kinds all makes. Please help! Thanks

For TS12 check out the UltraTree range by McGuirrel - large file sizes but worth it all on the DLS. Or the range of trees by clam1952 (Malc), also all on the DLS. Note the Ultra trees are Speedtrees and will probably not work in TANE due to higher version requirement; I believe Malcolm is updating his trees to work in TANE. Some of the JVC trees still work okay in TS12 but the older versions end up having transparency/alpha issues.

In TS12 worth checking out some of the built in Russian items - search for bereza or derevo as they look reasonable and are compatible with the sim.

CL trees on the DLS are extremely good, as they don't go 'hazy' like speedtrees.
I've tried CL trees in TANE, but at the moment they are not showing correctly.

CL trees on the DLS are extremely good, as they don't go 'hazy' like speedtrees.
I've tried CL trees in TANE, but at the moment they are not showing correctly.

I have actually got them all working in T:ANE, using my pre TS12SP lighting fixed versions which I kept, however depending on how the release version of T:ANE handles billboards they may not be needed.

Meanwhile for anyone who is desperate for my trees, bushes and stuff to work in T:ANE, I have uploaded Beta kuid2 versions here.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/0roo2y43z6s5y/TANE_-_UPDATES Note these will not be any use in TS12 as they are 3.8 build so only for test purposes in T:ANE CE.

They will only go on the DLS, only if needed when the full version of T:ANE is released.

Shown working in T:ANE CE

Erm..... that would be me, 425700 all my assets are prefixed CL there are a lot of Trees and Bushes of varying colours and sizes and some Hedges.

Rmm (userid 211025) has some speedtrees at the DLS. The names all start with st_rmm_, usually followed by the russian (?) name of the tree.

Peter

Erm..... that would be me, 425700 all my assets are prefixed CL there are a lot of Trees and Bushes of varying colours and sizes and some Hedges.
For me, the biggest letdown for me in recent versions of Trainz has been the SpeedTrees. For Me TANE: does not appear any better.
You content has resolved this issue for me, I am so pleased that your efforts will be continued for the new version.
Just wished to let you know that your work is very much appreciated.
Geoff

I like your trees and use them in most of my routes.

Somewhere in the past I thought I saw a guide to your numbering system on the trees and bushes. I can't seem to find it now.

Can someone please point me in the right direction if in fact one did exist.

Thanks

Finding good Evergreens has been a royal pain, and nobody bar none has made a good Vine Maple yet >.>. Sigh. Trying to do Veg that has anything like the feel of Western WA has been very very difficult.

That said, I would defend Speedtrees. You just have to realize that they work a little different. Further, for every Clam1952 with awesome billboards, theres 10 others that made flops, where as theres only about a dozen total Speed tree creators represented in this game total, not everyone can or will be great.....

Falcus

I did seriously look at buying the v6 Speedtree modeller / compiler, being retired I just can't justify the expense. What I find rather odd is IDV use quite a few open source components in SpeedTree Modeller etc yet are charging large sums of money for it, pretty sure that goes against the spirit of open source.

I did seriously look at buying the v6 Speedtree modeller / compiler, being retired I just can't justify the expense. What I find rather odd is IDV use quite a few open source components in SpeedTree Modeller etc yet are charging large sums of money for it, pretty sure that goes against the spirit of open source.

I understand N3V have converted some users V5 Speedtrees by recompiling to V6 perhaps a message into helpdesk to see if they could do anything?

Cheerio John

I understand N3V have converted some users V5 Speedtrees by recompiling to V6 perhaps a message into helpdesk to see if they could do anything?

Cheerio John

I've never made any Speedtrees John,

Mine are all Billboard based but using multiple twisted planes to give a more 3dish effect.

Why Billboard? I promised ages ago that my Route would be entirely available from the DLS, so Pofigs stuff which I had originally used in hope it would all get on the DLS, had to be replaced, Other DLS SpeedTree stuff was mostly unsuitable being far too large, Bill boards had lighting issues and looked like two crossed planes, so I rolled my own stuff.

I have a lot of good SpeedTrees. But I can not recompile them in V6 for TANE. Helpdesk did not respond, although 2 months ago like they wanted to solve the question in the affirmative. To buy their own speedtree compiler version 6 unrealistic to me.

Hi RMM,

Try sending an email to this address here:

anewera(at)n3vgames.com. Just replace the (at) with the usual @ to make the email address valid.

You should get a direct response from Tony and others.

Hope this helps as your trees are really, really great.

John

Back