TrainzEasternRoutes: CSX Chicago Line "Buffalo NY - Rochester NY"

nysnw1.jpg

nysnw2.jpg

Last edited:
If you didn't check my post in another thread I mys well tell ya

"John,I must say...I remember along time ago when you joined us in Trainz...and you was begining route building...and now you are one of the...or posible the best route builder/detail artist there is...Good job John on another fantastic route!"
Thank you, I'm almost speechless. This complement really brightened up my day.
As for me being the best route builder I doubt that as there are many very talented builders amongst us.
@ Do not forget the people who create such beautiful content for all of us route builders to work with.

John, i am still, and forever will be amazed with your work, it is, finominal, i will be a sure fired shot at getting this one.

Thank you, I'm almost speechless. This complement really brightened up my day.
As for me being the best route builder I doubt that as there are many very talented builders amongst us.
@ Do not forget the people who create such beautiful content for all of us route builders to work with.
You definitely are on par with the elite. You have developed any easily recognizable style as well. Once the Christmas spending is done, I expect to be adding your works to my collection. Bravo.

(I'd still like to see some Jersey settings as well)

Here is the Lake Shore Limited gliding down the rails of TER's Chicago Line.
The p42 is by Mark H, Magicland on the rear p42 skin and as for the lead,' I did a little repaint.
cs1.jpg
cs2.jpg
cs3.jpg
cs4.jpg

grogstop,
your routes make me sad. they are so well made and are some of the best in trainz, and i'll never be able to run any of them as i have a low end computer. well, maybe i can upgrade my computer and be able to run them but oh well..... speaking for the community, keep up the good work.

john :(

grogstop,
your routes make me sad. they are so well made and are some of the best in trainz, and i'll never be able to run any of them as i have a low end computer. well, maybe i can upgrade my computer and be able to run them but oh well..... speaking for the community, keep up the good work.

john :(

Hi John thank you for the kind words, I'm completely flattered.
Yes most of our routes are built for mid to high end computers due to the high amount of detail and large size of the route in some cases.

On the other hand.
Over the past year we have been working on new techniques to maintain our standard in trackside and urban quality over large areas, while maintaining better fps for lower end computers. Our test routes using low poly trees and back drops have been met with much success overall.
With practice and feedback from our customers we have developed and will continue to define a new system of route design in many cases. All of this has been implemented into Chicago Line; and it is indeed one of our smoothest running routes for its size thus far.

I am not sure of your computer specs or how the route will run for you, but you can all be sure that more people will be able to run this product at improved fps then ever before.

Cheers, John Bethuy
TrainzEasternRoutes Chairman, Lead Route Designer

hi grogstop,
im glad you are starting to work on routes for better fps. i recently downloaded your fall in the northeast route, and it runs fine on my computer. only problem is there seems to be a glitch that blurs everything, but i'll post some pics of that on the official fall in the northeast thread. but eather way, it is a great route, you can hardly tell there are backdrops in it. i hope to see some more high fps routes coming soon.

john

hi grogstop,
im glad you are starting to work on routes for better fps. i recently downloaded your fall in the northeast route, and it runs fine on my computer. only problem is there seems to be a glitch that blurs everything, but i'll post some pics of that on the official fall in the northeast thread. but eather way, it is a great route, you can hardly tell there are backdrops in it. i hope to see some more high fps routes coming soon.

john

Yes, the sky blurs sometimes. There is a simple way of fixing it (On a side note, I belive its because it's a missing asset) But go into Survayer and select a standard sky from there. It should work fine. :D

Back