trainz unable to lock dest path error

gt350

Has anyone had this error? It appears when I am trying to restore a backup route. I copy the tzarc file without the numbers behind tzarc to the editing folder than do a rebuild of the data base. The route appears in CM as open for edit like it should. I then submit edit and this error appears "trainz unable to lock dest path" and path that it states is the correct path to my content.

Run a DBR and see if that fixes the problem. That may submit your asset. I had a similar error yesterday with an updates I did with some content. The open for edit asset disappeared when I checked.

Thanks but I did both a DBR and the extended one and still have same issue.

Go to the link here:
Software - Trainz Romania (tapatalk.com)

Download the tzarchiver. The link brings up a forum post. You then download the content from GitHub where it's hosted.

You simply drag the .tzarc file into one side and hit the extract button. It'll put the route into a folder that you can then drag and drop into Content Manager, or use the file-menu, File import method.

This is also a lot easier than the other method, and I recommend downloading his other tools as well.

Last edited:
Back