Trainz Plus and TRS22 - new beta builds + MPS testing

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
New patches available using the Beta patch stream

TRAINZPLUS 117092 to TRAINZPLUS 117297
TRS22 RETAIL 117118 to TRS22 RETAIL 117300

MPS STRESS TEST SCHEDULE
You are free to check out the game at any time, but the server may be offline for maintenance outside the times below.
Also note any changes to the schedule in our Discord Channel

TEST 1
PDT: Monday 11 April - 1:00 pm
EDT: Monday 11 April - 4:00 pm
BST- Monday 11 April - 9:00 pm
AEST - Tuesday 12 April - 6:00 am

TEST 2
PDT: Tuesday 12 April - 12:00 am
EDT: Tuesday 12 April - 3:00 am
BST- Tuesday 12 April - 8:00 am
AEST - Tuesday 12 April - 5:00 pm

TEST 3
PDT: Tuesday 12 April - 1:00 pm
EDT: Tuesday 12 April - 4:00 pm
BST- Tuesday 12 April - 9:00 pm
AEST - Wednesday 13 April - 6:00 am

TEST 4
PST: Wednesday 13 April - 12:00 am
EST: Wednesday 13 April- 3:00 am
GMT - Wednesday 13 April - 8:00 am
AEST - Wednesday 13 April - 5:00 pm

Last edited:
Have you got those dates for the northern hemisphere right, Tony? Monday is the 11th April in both hemispheres. Tuesday the 12th.
Downloaded the patch for Build 117297 which was fast and the DBR took only 18 seconds.
Ran 'prebuild' in TrainzUtil.exe to pre-cache the installed assets. This took somewhat longer than usual at ~6 minutes and resulted in 22 errors, most of which were already known (PB15 Interior, various Carz, etc.)
Looks great so far. Was very impressed with the previous build, so hoping this one is even better. Changelist to come?
Many thanks!

490954f4-1625-4fb0-9efc-814262878903
Trying to apply Mac patch from 116493 to 116931. Then hopefully, if available to move on from there. Using the Plus beta stream. Getting checksum error on target.

a61ca2d2-e214-4e29-b6f9-1cbe82c70891

Last edited:
TRS22 - 117297

Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing AI trains randomly stopping for no reason (eg. on green signals / anywhere along the track etc) since this latest beta?

They will stop and not move, except under manual control, then when put under AI control they might work again. Then another will do the same at another location.

I have run "delete missing assets" and "Extended database rebuild".

Russell

Dates - yea some copy paste errors there (updated). Apologies. Testing Tuesday and Wednesday AEST.

Changelist - mostly MPS bug fixes.

Getting checksum error on target.
>>
Unfortunately, the way around this is to revert any modified files in your install (e.g. perhaps you updated the localisation files) or to reinstall from MyTrainz and patch the new install.

AI trains randomly stopping for no reason
>>
There have been reports but no-one has provided a reproduceable case as yet. If you can set up a test case that demonstrates the issue that would be very helpful.

Last edited:
When will MPS routes be correctly filtered by the menu? These routes are not purchased. Why not add a MPS Routes source filter?

At the moment we have these sub-filters for routes:

All - Useless filter as it shows hundreds of routes most of which are unfinished and all show the purple header same as MPS routes. None are installed.

Download Station - Same as above but a much greater number of unfinished routes. All showing purple headers and none are installed as expected since this is a listing of DLS routes.

Installed - This is a very useful filter.

Purchased - This could be a very useful filter once the MPS routes are removed. Green headers for installed and yellow for owned but not installed. Nice touch.

My Content - Useful but as the Installed and Purchased also show My Content this is a bit redundant.

Built-In - Seems to show only DLC routes that are installed. Again a bit redundant if the purchased filter was fixed.

Locally Modified - How is this different from My Content? Changing the Type value shows empty result sets except for content with my KUID. I have many items that show as locally modified in CM and nothing shows here. Redundant.

Premium Content - More visual version of the Content Store. Fair enough.

Favourites - Spelling of the listing under Source is not consistent with the spelling of the button used to mark an item as a favorite. Some what odd that when viewing locomotives the Select Route button only displays favorite routes rather than all installed routes. The logic here escapes me.

I notice that the Type: Multiplayer is available but useless unless the Source: is purchased. I don't see the purpose of having this as a type and not also as a source.

Trying to apply Mac patch from 116493 to 116931. Then hopefully, if available to move on from there. Using the Plus beta stream. Getting checksum error on target.

a61ca2d2-e214-4e29-b6f9-1cbe82c70891
Good luck with that, it doesn't work for me - the updater still says ".... path in use".
On an earlier occasion the download (7 GB of it) succeeded, but the update then failed when checking the downloaded file.

BTW, that download called patch.bin was placed in the /Applications folder - that's a no-no, should be the ~/Downloads folder...

Ok, reinstalled, applied a ton of patches and failed at same point. Patch not viable.

M1 Mac mini. OS Monterey.

I'm sorry we are unable to reproduce the patching issue. We will need to get a new installer prepared to get you to the next build.

Here is a link to a zip file that will get you the latest Trainz Plus beta install and avoid this patching issue. Because we can't reproduce the issue we're alos not sure if you'll have the same problem with the next update.

Unzip, run the game and point your new install to the old local data folder to gain access to your existing content.

Last edited:
Water not keeping color settings via environment. Also, the color I set; route saved, shut down game and computer, and reopened, reverted to default setting in game while editing in surveyor. All settings were performed in "classic surveyor."

John

Water not keeping color settings via environment. Also, the color I set; route saved, shut down game and computer, and reopened, reverted to default setting in game while editing in surveyor. All settings were performed in "classic surveyor."

John

Check where you're making the edits and what you're saving. I'm pretty sure you'll find that if you edit the route, it will save in the route. Edit the session it will save in the session.
If not, please included a detailed step by step explanation of each button press from start to finish.
For example, if you only update the water colour and nothing else, you will only get a Session Save option and therefore the next "Edit Route" will not have your old session data.

The file worked. It was the app, not a zip file. Build 117042. I moved it to the applications folder, and ran it, and pointed it to the data.

I'm sorry we are unable to reproduce the patching issue. We will need to get a new installer prepared to get you to the next build.

Here is a link to a zip file that will get you the latest Trainz Plus beta install and avoid this patching issue. Because we can't reproduce the issue we're alos not sure if you'll have the same problem with the next update.

Unzip, run the game and point your new install to the old local data folder to gain access to your existing content.
Yes, that worked for me too, build 117042 (Mac), thanks.

P.S. That problematic updater stores the downloaded patch.bin in the /Applications folder, that is not a correct location for a temporary file - could be (part of) the problem.

Back