Trainz Classics: Pre-Ordered, Paid, Just Waiting...

Happy Happy Joy Joy

That is VERY cool.

I got my info from an email from Auran. The date wasn't as clear as it is on the Online Shop.

BTW: I notice they removed the "Pre-Order" button from the Online Shop where I placed my order just 2 days ago. (?)

I hear rumblings from both directions about Trainz Classics... I have to say that I'm excited to see (and participate) in the next generation. But, at the same time, I don't plan to trash 2006-SP1 any time soon any more than the 2004 crowd will.

I will anxiously await my copy of TC, install it, and run it as though I've never seen Trainz before. I'll play every session, try every loco, build some routes, etc... and then I'll decide which version I like better.

We all love Trainz for different reasons; some drive, build routes, create content or what ever... Me? I'm driven to become a route builder (even though I can't landscape yet worth a darn). I have grand plans for projects that rival the best we've seen so far, like Marias Pass or Canada Impressions just to name a couple. How big an honor would it be to have YOUR creation included on the next Trainz Routes volume? I can't get stuck in older versions of the program while I develop my skills as a builder if I plan to share my creations with others.

And, like it or not, I need to build routes that work with the most current version of Trainz or I'm old news before I've even started. The same is true for anyone that runs Trainz for any reason other than just driving.

So there you have it, I'm excited about Trainz Classics whether I want to be or not because I want to continue to be a part of the Trainz world right now and into the future.

"Don't just PLAY the game... become a PART of it"

~Rick

Last edited:
Im investigating who stole the TC pre-order button. Hopefully we'll have this fixed soon, and we'll let you know.
Im really enjoying using the surveyor in TC, nice and smooth. :)

Alan

Edit: Yes, we have taken down the pre-order button, as we only put these up 4 weeks prior to the release. We should see pre-orders being taken again in early June.

Last edited:
Im investigating who stole the TC pre-order button. Hopefully we'll have this fixed soon, and we'll let you know.
Im really enjoying using the surveyor in TC, nice and smooth. :)

Alan

Edit: Yes, we have taken down the pre-order button, as we only put these up 4 weeks prior to the release. We should see pre-orders being taken again in early June.

Hah Ha.. Now I've got no excuse for dipping into the house keeping next week.:D

Alex

But, also a lot of PR claims yet to be realized?
Don't know about a lot...matter of opinion I suppose....personally, I work with and enjoy Trainz as it is rather than waste my time fretting about what it isn't....I think about all the years I've walked into a McDonalds and ordered a Big Mac...what I get in the bag doesn't look anything like the picture on the menu...never has...now that's a PR claim yet to be realized....:cool:

Last edited:
Man, TC's released in 1, 2, 3... 15 days! 2 weeks! Whoa, was I lazy to check! I'm not here very much now, I don't know, maybe it's the fact homework's killing me (or my time:) ), or maybe that I now go to 3 forums (including this one!). Eh, I'm gonna wait to see what you all think of TC when it's released, and when I get my NEW LAPTOP! It started shipping yesterday morning from CHINA!?! It's supposed to come in 5 buisness days (a week). The specs are: Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium, 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo-Centrino Processor (that's equal to about 3.0 GHz single-core), 120 GB 5200 RPM harddrive, 256 MB nVidia GeForce Go 7400 video card, it also has a built-in microphone/camera, 12-cell battery, and 2 GB RAM, and 15.4 inch screen with a maximum res of 1200x800.

EDIT: It came May 29, 2007. (The extra 6 battery cell pack (which sprouts out from the back), makes this thing REALLY heavier than it should be!)

Last edited:
and when I get my NEW HIGH-END LAPTOP! It started shipping yesterday morning from CHINA!?! It's supposed to come in 5 buisness days (a week). The specs are: Windows Vista Home Premium, 1.73 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor (that's equal to about 3.0 GHz single-core), 120 GB 5200 RPM harddrive, 256 MB nVidia GeForce video card, it also has a built-in microphone/camera, 12-cell battery, and 2 GB RAM.

That's mid-range now ;)

This is high-end;

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe....ervice=UK&PRODUCT_ID=125204&toshibaShop=false

Core™2 Duo Processor T7200- 2.0Ghz Genuine Windows® Vista™ Home Premium Edition- 200 GB Hard Disk Drive- 2,048MB DDR2 RAM (533 MHz)- 17" Toshiba TruBrite® WXGA+ TFT display- DVD Super Multi (Double Layer) drive
NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7900, 512 MB DDR3 Video RAM
connected bus : 16x PCI Express

Mike.

It runs TRS very nicely ;)

I think mine was about $1,100? There was this high-end laptop that had close to the same specs but had an 8-cell battery, a 1.83 Core 2 Duo, 200 GB 7200 RPM, and 512 MB GeForce video card. That one costed about $1,600.

P.S. They were HP Laptops.

Lol, I was an 04 resister when it was a large scale political movement :p

Guess what? I have now had 06 for over a year and preordered TC the other day. My defence is that if I am one of the first with TC then I can be one of the first to complain about it :p:p (note sarcasm).

Andy

any of you that havent got the Trainz Nesletter yet the date has been set back to July 9th.
Just wanted to tell ya! ;)

Back