Trainz Chat misbehaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

Just a friendly reminder that this forum is family-friendly. Swearing, or posting images showing other users swearing, is not acceptable.

If you wish to report somebody for bad behaviour on the in-game chat, please contact helpdesk with your screenshots. Please note that we may not ban somebody if only a single user is reporting problems (since we don't want to get involved in a game of he-said she-said) but repeated offences will lead to a ban.

I'd also like to remind everyone that the sword cuts both ways: if you allow yourself to be provoked by someone, and start breaking CoC rules as a result, you are still in violation of the CoC, and if we find this happening frequently you may also face a ban.

Finally, I'd like to stress the point that I made earlier in this thread. Many of the users affected by the repeated join/leave issue are NOT deliberately provoking you. I agree that some users may just be trolling (and you can tell this by their comments) but by and large, the problem is a technical one.

chris

Sure, we all know the "moderator censored dat" game in this forum. No problem....now lets go, everyone officially has the right to insult others via chat now -.- oh no, right. Not the ones who troll get bans, no, the ones that get annoyed.

Seems to be better to not use the official chat any longer.

Felix

EDIT: Oh Chris, did you forget to LOCK the thread? Since it is not allowed to talk about problems, its no longer needed. Sorry for starting it

Last edited:
Just to make it clear.. I'm not kidding around. :)

This kind of behaviour will not be tolerated. Thanks for playing.

chris

Good Morning All
As Chris has said, if you break the COC whilst retaliating to another person who you think may be breaking the COC, you may receive the same (or more, or less, depending on the situation) infractions or bans than other parties.

If a user is causing disruptions or attacking you, rather than publicly telling everyone that you are reporting it, simply do this privately (e.g. simply send us a report via the helpdesk). Don't react to their actions, as this simply causes the situation to degrade further.

If they repeatedly do this, the chat system does include an ignore feature where you can ignore a user. We do recommend using this where users are being disruptive in the chat.

As Chris has stated, we generally will only ban someone if we get reports from several different people. We may, depending on the nature of the incident, send them a warning however this will be decided on a case by case basis.

When reporting any situations in the chat, please simply send screenshots of the situation to the helpdeks. Do not PM a moderator or staff member, we often miss PM's. Do not post the report publicly on the forums, this generally just causes the situation to get a lot worse very quickly (as shown in your second set of screenshots).

Regards

To bad flusi keeps reacting like this to it... Out of curiosity (I'm not too familiar with the ban stuff) how long will flusi be banned? Or if you can't specifically say that at least if it's temp or perm. I need to drool over his screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back