Trainz 22 Plus Surveyor 2.0 - Scrapbook question

schweitzerdude

I would like to use S2.0 scrapbook more than I do, but the problem is that the scrapbook items seem to be ordered in a sequential list on date created. This means that I have to scroll through a long list to find what I am looking for. As a result, it's just easier to take the old-school approach in Surveyor Classic and wander around the route looking for what I want to cut/paste to a new location.

Has anyone found a way to do a search in scrapbook or create a tree-structure to make it easier to find scrapbook items?

I found a solution to my question.

If you go to the Assets dialog and select My Content, you will see a list of all your scrapbook items in alpha order. Of course, you will also see your routes, sessions, and any objects you created in Blender, whatever. So the solution is to develop a naming convention for your scrapbook items, so they sort themselves together. Much better than scrolling through the Scrapbook dialog. Now, it's easy to do a search by entering a name in the search window, or just scrolling vertically through the list. Problem mostly solved.

What is interesting is when you do this, you will see an icon that looks like this in front of each scrapbook item.

XXXXXXX
X
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX

I don't know what this is supposed to be. But all N3V needs to do is add this icon to the horizontal icon bar just below "Filter List", along with the icons for track, textures, etc. This will allow the list to be restricted to your scrapbook items. Problem solved.

But all N3V needs to do is add this icon to the horizontal icon bar just below "Filter List", along with the icons for track, textures, etc. This will allow the list to be restricted to your scrapbook items. Problem solved.
A good idea. They have a "Presets" icon for all the Effect layers.

How I use the scrapbook is by keeping an eye on it while editing my routes. Making a selection and copying will add the item to the scrapbook with the expiry date as the name in the scrapbook. after I do my edits to the route I will scroll through the added items and delete those that are just placed there through regular route editing. The list will be relatively short for a daily edit session. If I see something that will be of use to add later, or if I select and copy something that I intend to use as a scrapbook item, I will over write the date with a good description name and pin the item.
I do this routine regularly to keep the dated items short and I get to my stuff quickly.
Unfortunately there is a long list of pre installed scrapbook items that come with Trainz and they can not be deleted. I have found most are not really that useful and fortunately my saved stuff that I pin are at the beginning of the list so I don't have to scroll through the preinstalled stuff.

I do something similar with my scrapbook clippings. It would be nice to filter those too with a such as "My scrapbook Clippings" with built-in ones in the Built-in or default, and DLS installed ones under Third Party.

You can find the scrapbook items you don't plan to use soon or ever in Content Manager. Search by name as they are listed as Misc. and hard to find otherwise. Disable them be they built-in or your own creations and they will drop out of the in-game menu but are still installed so if you want to use them later just Enable and they can be accessed again in-game.

I've picked up an issue with pasting scrapbooks as a brush in 122411. If I undo and try to paste again it only pastes certain elements of the scrapbook (splines are missing for example, when they are set to appear).

I have to re-load the scrapbook or re-set the brush size to get it to work after an undo.

Anyone else with that issue?

Cheers,
Paul

I've picked up an issue with pasting scrapbooks as a brush in 122411. If I undo and try to paste again it only pastes certain elements of the scrapbook (splines are missing for example, when they are set to appear).

I have to re-load the scrapbook or re-set the brush size to get it to work after an undo.

Anyone else with that issue?

Cheers,
Paul
I haven't seen that one yet, Paul. I found that if I undo, it'll remove the objects but leave the textures behind.

Back