Trainz 2019 keeps crashing every time I click "Start Trainz"

Landon1234

So the content manager thingy and stuff pops up when I click play but when I click Start TRainz, my game just shuts down instantly everytime and sometimes steam even crashes and I don't know why. It never happened in the past.

From the list of games in Steam, right click on the icon or text for TRS19 and choose properties. Then click on Installed files and click the button for Verify integrity of game files. If something is missing it will be downloaded and installed.

From within Content manager choose Rebuild Database from the Developer menu. If that doesn't fix it then repeat but hold down the CTRL key while choosing Rebuild Datebase.

Are you running it as Administrator? It may be lacking permissions for some component or action. You can right-click the icon on your desktop, select Properties. On the Compatibility tab, check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator".

After your next crash, maybe try this?
Go to your Windows start and type in Event Viewer. When that comes up, select "Windows Logs" and "Application" on the left. Look here for any warnings (yellow triangles) or errors (red circles) that coincide with the time of the crash. Double-click on the error(s) and it will bring up a box of information about the error. It may be something simple or it may be a Hexadecimal code like 0x12345678 that you may have to Google. You can also Google the Event ID for more information.

Update your graphics software/drivers, if you have NVIDIA graphics update your software/drivers using NVIDIA GeForce Experience and make sure that you perform a clean installation. To perform a clean installation, it can be found under a 'custom' setup!

At this point I don't have a clue, if database repairs don't find a problem and fix it then it sounds like a PC problem.

You won't like this suggestion. I would say try uninstalling it, reboot, then reinstall it. If you really want to rule things out, and if it was mine, I would format the drive, reinstall Windows and applications. But, I also don't keep any documents, photos, important stuff on the drive of the PC. I also do backup my databases and things I do keep on the PC drive to two places, external drive and upload to cloud storage. My habits make it effortless, and stress free, to clean up the PC if it runs into a problem. But, I also have gig-speed internet. I don't know what your situation is, but at least try a reinstall, see if that does remedy it.

How would I reboot it?
Reboot your computer after uninstalling.

You also want to exclude your Trainz program and data folders from your antivirus real-time scanning. Antivirus programs can wreak havoc with Trainz and cause all kinds of issues similar to what you are seeing. To find out where the files and folders are located, check the properties in Steam for their location.

Reboot your computer after uninstalling.

You also want to exclude your Trainz program and data folders from your antivirus real-time scanning. Antivirus programs can wreak havoc with Trainz and cause all kinds of issues similar to what you are seeing. To find out where the files and folders are located, check the properties in Steam for their location.
Thank you, I will try it soon

I think I know what's going on!

As previously suggested, completely uninstall TRS22.
Back up the following folders + files from the default location
C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\N3V Games - Open TRS22 and open Build xxxxxxxxxx folders.

Backup these, especially if you had previously installed things from the Download Station and installed purchased routes/locomotives..

Local
Original
Packages

If you build routes and sessions, recommended to backup

Backups
Editing 'If anything is inside this folder'.

Optional backup, only if you wish to keep screenshots.

Screenshots

----------------------------
After uninstalling TRS22, delete the following folders 'default locations'
HINT: Use this method to delete the folders! Hold SHIFT+DELETE keys together.

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\N3V Games
Select 'TRS22' Hold SHIFT+DELETE
Click Yes, when prompt

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
Select 'Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022' Hold SHIFT+DELETE
Click Yes, when prompt

-----------------------------
Once you have backed up those folders above and uninstalled Trainz and deleted the folders using Shift+Delete method..

Go into Steam | Settings | Downloads and click on the 'Clear Cache' button. Note: Doing this will log you out of your Steam account! You may need to re-enter your Steam account details to log into Steam.

What I am thinking is that you may have reinstalled TRS22 a few times. Doing this for any game on the Steam platform will cause corruption during the installation process 'hence, that file was already downloaded' so, Steam will skip it. This also means that that file that has gotten corrupted could be causing the game to crash as you have stated above. This should fix all the issues even with Steam crashing!

When Steam relaunches, wait at least 2 minutes before reinstalling TRS22.

Also, I don’t have the build folders for some reason, but it might be because I have all of my Trainz data go to an external hard drive, I don’t know.

Also, I don’t have the build folders for some reason, but it might be because I have all of my Trainz data go to an external hard drive, I don’t know.
installing Any version of Trainz on an External Drive IS NOT RECOMMENDED! it will cause problems like your currently having...

Back