Trainz 2010 Crashes to desktop

Dmetrey

Hi,

Recently my Auran trainz stopped loading. First i thought the worst that my softwere could be not working properly. For hours i have been doing error testing on my RAM and video card but no errors show up. I have tried everything now. Reinstalled the game, reinstalled and updated video drivers but it still crashes. Just now i found a LauncherLog file in the Trainz directory with the following errors:

Begin:
? 00001AB8 Warn 0:00.1 Trainz : DataManager::RegisterTrainzBumpVertexType> Unable to load 'm.tbumpcoltex'
? 00001AB8 Warn 0:00.1 Trainz : DataManager::RegisterTrainzBumpVertexType> Unable to load 'm.tbumpglosscol'
? 00001AB8 Warn 0:00.1 Trainz : DataManager::RegisterTrainzBumpVertexType> Unable to load 'm.tgroundonetex'
? 00001AB8 Warn 0:00.1 Trainz : DataManager::RegisterTrainzBumpVertexType> Unable to load 'm.tgroundonetexvs'
? 00001AB8 Warn 0:01.5 Trainz : InterfaceTextDB> failed to load compiled interfacetext file
? 00001AB8 Warn 0:01.5 Trainz : InterfaceTextDB> failed to load compiled interfacetext file
End.

Could this tell me something?

Here are my computer specs:

Pentium Dual-core @2.71Hz processor,
Nvidia GeForce 9800GT(1GB) cideo card,
Windows XP, 4GB ram.

Dmetrey.

I'm certain that after registering your 2010 copy with Auran you will receive much assistance with your problem. I have a few ideas, but I don't normally help unregistered users.
Yes, I know, it's a hard line to toe, but most members here support Auran, and understand. I hope you understand as well.:):)

By registering it, you are more likely to get the support you need, including access to parts of the forum that are likely to have the answers.

Also, registering will allow you to install patches for the game - it also allows forum users to verify that you have a legitimate copy of the game.

Meanwhile, run TrainzDiag (It's in the folder you installed Trainz to, under Bin), then click View Log, then post the first part of the log here.

Shane

Last edited:
Time of this report : 03/04/2011, 20:21:53
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Screen Size : 1024 x 768
Ram Found : 2047 MB
Ram Free : 2047 MB
Virtual Ram Free : 1959 MB
Raw Cpu Clock Speed : ~2.71 GHZ
OEM ID : 0
Number of processors : 2
Page size : 4096
Processor type : 586
Processor Architecture : 0
Processor Level : 6
Processor Revision : 5898
Allocation Granularity : 65536
3D-Now : Unavailable
FP operations : Not Emulated
FP precision error : Does not occur
MMX : Available
Physical Address Extension : Available
RDTSC instruction : Available
SSE instruction : Available
SSE2 instruction : Available

OK - I will also need to know what graphics card your system has, and whether any items on the TrainzDiag screen came up as Warning or Failure. (If any did, please post them here)

Shane

Last edited:
OK, there are two ways of updating your graphics drivers, which I believe are what is causing the crash to desktop.

Firstly, visit http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us.

You can either select your graphics card using Option 1, or you can click Graphics Drivers under Option 2 (note: you will need to use Internet Explorer) then follow the instructions to install an ActiveX control to perform the check to find out which driver is needed.

Shane

No.... and i have tried to reinstall the game many times with no luck

Try installing to the ROOT directory of Drive "C". The installer will try and install TRAINZ into C:/Program Files. Since you XP for your OS, not installing as administrator should not be an issue.

tomurban

Try installing to the ROOT directory of Drive "C". The installer will try and install TRAINZ into C:/Program Files. Since you XP for your OS, not installing as administrator should not be an issue.

I have tried that to but didnt help.

The rules for installing as admin in XP are more relaxed - the only requirement is that the game is installed and run from an admin account, not a limited one.

Shane

DIrecsX 9.0C (04.09.000.0904)

Due to the way that Microsoft do their updates, it is very difficult if not impossible to check whether you have the latest version by version number alone - your best bet is to try an update using the web installer method (as per my sticky) - it will tell you if it's up to date.

Shane

Back