Trainz 2009 FUBAR

What Does FUBAR Mean Anyway?

Am I the only one that doesn't know what FUBAR means?:eek: I did some research using the trusty Urban Dictionary. There are nine definitions for the term FUBAR the kindest (that does not violate CoC) is Fed Up Beyond All Recognition.:hehe:

Why the complaining again?

They have incorporated so much in WBE that i never knew existed. Now that may be because i am a "noob" but i have spent countless nights downloading things for my routes in 06. Now i can simply get it through the game i don't have to take the time to download. So what if there isn't much new content? What does it matter? Isn't this game supposed to be fun for us railfans? The complaining because you didn't read what Auran CLEARLY stated isn't something to get mad about.

My 2 cents and Rant.

Happy Railrunning

Ryan:wave:

Am I the only one that doesn't know what FUBAR means?:eek: I did some research using the trusty Urban Dictionary. There are nine definitions for the term FUBAR the kindest (that does not violate CoC) is Fed Up Beyond All Recognition.:hehe:

Shortline2 said:
Overall, I wouldn't call this version FUBAR at all, but more a Fun Underways But Always Rejuvenating..

Now you know - ---,DLR

oh, wow. like, what part of 'it simply works better' are you avoiding? that's enough, really, for me. my route <i>builds</i> easier and maybe this is because the app works with RAM better, and maybe i'm just going to have to figure out new things to do with the new version. it's not that much of a hardship for me. what i want from it is maybe unreasonable -- make an economic model after RR tyke -- but, when i think about it, i can set that up myself using pulp-ware and pencil. the trains now go where i want them to go, and they go there without jerking, and they look better. if you check out the hypo's of the now-defunct MTS2, you'll notice that they look like computer generated graphics, no matter how flashy. if you'd seen these graphics as part of a professional architectural model you'd have passed them off as 'lamer'. we have, i feel, good enough detail, and at least our trains go where i want them to go now and come back.

do you remember how it was playing with fine O-Scale? it was always a thing of the imaginatinon -- even then.

i'm happy.

I think that Trainz 2009 has not lived up to what it had said it would have.The beta was good, and there was more content on it than the game, just some things on the beta would not work.So i think that the beta version should be used as the real thing or its just useless. If something does not happen soon, I might as well play Rail Simulator or Densha De Go(Japanese Console Train Game) and never endorse Trainz at all.

Yours in disrepute,
Ticky Tacky.
:n:

I was one of the first to receive WBE TRS 2009 and decided to place my favourite routes as new downloads . I was so dis-appointed with the exterme
slow of the Commit process that I stopped after the first one . To top this off the route Clear Lake 2004 SP4 would not operate correctly having the Work Train stop at several places on the switch backs . The same route operated perfect on TRS2006 .
Another disappointment was if I need files from 2009 that were not available anywhere else and I created CDP's with Ctrl+Shift+D the files when commited to TRS2006 were all Binary and most of the text files disappeared .
If this action has been Built-in to TRS 2009 Auran should be totally ashamed . At least all other Download Stations in the World are honest enough to let Trainz users download without making the files useless .
I have never had any other game MS Trains etc cause the files to useless .
I am letting the dust build on my TRS2009 WBE and upgrade disk until this matter is fixed by Auran
junewil

They said it would contain little new content, therefore it's going to contain little new content, you cannot expect otherwise

Is asking for a pre-built route using some of the 2009 objects asking for too much????

Well from the responce of my posts here.. it seems it is :mop:

Is asking for a pre-built route using some of the 2009 objects asking for too much????

Well from the responce of my posts here.. it seems it is :mop:

your funny you think people are just gonna put in new objects for no pay....................... you must be dementic

it explains it all pretty clear.

Ok where does it say.. ohh by the way, more than 1/2 of the included routes...

Dozens of Routes with over 100 Driver Sessions

...are not in english, and ohh there are no new INCLUDED routes that is using the 2009 objects.. if it had said that.. then I would have not spent my $$$

And I keep hearing "read the fine print"

Well on this page...

http://www.auran.com/auran/info.php?gameid=197

There is no "fine print" there should be at least a link to the "fine print" page that states better what it came (or dosn't come) with.

Here ya go, you need one of these, since you can't understand what was written.

baby.gif

Ok... Lets see... You want a layout that is a world of 'gravel with puddles', one type of tree, using a double track station without any point levers for a yard, cars always going at 100KMH, some hedges, and of course no actual buildings other than that station, with a single locomotive to run on it, no signals, no signs, and no sky, and no people, only 4 cars... Wow, wonderful layout... I know, you would then complain about the lack of content for that layout!
Now, this is an example of WHY there isn't much content included...
I've just built a waiting shelter... In 04, would have been fairly simple. Get a photo of some corrugated iron, make that up into a simple texture for the walls, make a texture for the door, and then apply that to a simple '2D' object (box with a hole in front and another box for the door, and some boxes for the inside frame). In 09, to make it look even half like the new content, I've had to spend 3 days on it so far... That included making a high detail model, then making the lower detail model, then mapping the texture out, then do a test render, change some of the mapping, re-do the test render, then once I've done this a couple of times to get it to bake the normal map properly, I have to then go through and do a test 'shadow' texture render, go through and tweak and retest a few times to make that comes out well, then leave the computer to bake the texture for a good 40 minutes. Then, once that is done, set up the object for export. Then make 2-3 levels of LOD. Export them, then test in game, then tweak the model to look good in game. As I said, 3 days work so far. Still need to tweak it to look good, including a specular map... So, for just a SINGLE SIMPLE building, it's probably going to take about 5 days...
For a locomotive, it takes me about 1 month to get one working using the older method (build the game model only, and bake the shadows off that, then make the normals map in photoshop). I would expect a locomotive for 09 will take about 2-3 months to build...

So, would you be willing to pay for the amount of time it takes to build these? It would mean paying extra, since Auran will have to make them... I would expect, to get a layout of a similar style to the built-in 'Australia' layout to raise the cost to a minimum of $70 AUD... Purely because the artists would need to be paid to create ALL of the content required...

Now, as to the sessions having instructions in a 'LOTE'. Have you considered why these were included? They are called legacy items... At one point Auran didn't even want to include these items... They are old items that have been included, with minimal work done (more work will = more cost of the product) so that they will show as non faulty in CM2 but may not be 100% perfect in game. Auran did state that not all content works... They DID state it was included. Now, as I just said... These items are legacy items, included so as to prevent missing dependencies because of a missing built-in item. Would you be willing to pay extra so that these can be fixed, as well as have more broken features elsewhere, or would you prefer to have it as is? And don't say 'but Auran should fix this, because it's broken'... There are many more important, real, bugs that they need to focus on, as well as implementing new features in various updates... Would you prefer to see the 'baseboard hole' error fixed, or to have some content changed so that they are in English (thus breaking them for people who can read that language)?
Zec

Back