Trainz 2006 problems

CKY_86

Hi all,

Ive recentlly updated my system to vista and had new hard drives put in and have uninstalled my trainz 2006 from the old hard drive and installed onto the new one, now here's where the problems start:

Whenever I create a new route it saves and shows that it's saved in the route list, however if I come out of the game and go back into it again, my newlly created route is no longer there.

My other problem is with the content manager. Whenever I go onto the content manager it allways comes up with three errors saying ''Unable to register trainz URL key, and it asks me to register my key before I can search or download anything. I can click the button ''register my serial key'' and it takes me to the registration bit where it shows that my key is allready registered and when I got to this bit it seems I can search and download things. The same thing happens with the route problem, when I download things it shows they have downloaded and should be avalible to use, biut when I go on the game they objects I have downloaded are not there.

What's going on here and is there a way I can fix the problems?

Any help with these matters will be greatlly appreciated.

Cheers Guys :)

Hmmm...
:eek:
I don't have Vista but I recall reading about such problems with Vista, I think.
As I recall it is fixable.
Try the forum search function. It may even be a "sticky".

Try these 3 things.
Click Profile at the top of this page and edit your password by re-entering it.
Open CMP and go to File - Settings - Internet and re-enter your id and password, then save it.
Run CMP as administrator.

Bob

Ok the saving of the route problem seems to be solved (running the exe as administrator) but the problem with the CMP is still there.

Ive tried everything you have said rweber95 but the same problem is still there.

I do not have Vista but I read on the forum somewhere that most of the Vista v. Trainz problems are fixed by in stalling Trainz on the C:\ root directory and not in the default 'Program Files' location. Apparently this fix circumvents Vista's over-protective nature....

Andy :)

Ok the saving of the route problem seems to be solved (running the exe as administrator) but the problem with the CMP is still there.

Ive tried everything you have said rweber95 but the same problem is still there.

run cmp as exe as adminstrator too

My route saving problem is solved and now my CMP error message is solved ( cheers ct_krogen:) ). The problem now is that when I try to search for things to download, i'd search GWR for example, it will always come up with items that are allready built into the game, it's like it's not connecting to the download station. Ive tired editing the internet setting, selecting ''use internet settings'' but I end up with the same results.

Any ideas on what's the problem and how I can get it fixed?

Thanks for helping me out guys an thanks for your patcience:)

CMP uses assets.tdx as the index of what is installed on your maching and what is on the Auran DLS. If the assets.tdx is not up todate, your CMP list will not be complete. My TRS2006 CMP shows 134618 items and its assets.tdx size is 24,779 KB.

How do I update the assets.tdx file?

I can get stuff from the download station on the Auran site, but I can't connect to the DLS in the content manager, well it does connect but only shows content which is allready installed.

Any ideas on whats going on or how I can connect to the DLS thru the contecnt manager?

There is a thread somewhere about installing and running under Vista.

I run TRS 2006 on Vista with very few problems. One useful tip is to run CMP on its own, right click on the desktop and make a new shortcut to ContentManager.exe (somewhere in Program Files/Auran/TRS2006/bin folder.
This frees it from the main part of the Trainz program. Assuming your username/serial number and so on are correct it should eventually point at the Download Station.

Don't forget that the first time you run Trainz it takes ages to build the assets.tdx file (as it also does if you suffer a bad program crash and have to delete the assets files).

Worth also downloading and installing TADMonitor to back up the assets files.
Hope this helps,
Chris

Here's another, hopefully not a dumb question for you.

Did you change tabs at the top of the screen in CMP?

Theres one for Local, which would show the built-in items, and there's one the says Download Station.

Another thing... Does CMP bring up any messages about Verifying username and password, and or updating asset database?

If it does this is a good thing. The verify login is to ensure your copy is registered so you can download.

The updating the asset database message is also good. This means that the program is downloadiing the updated information. You can dismiss this message box by hitting escape.

CMP may take a while to download the information though so be patient.

John

Back