Traincar interiors

chriseh101

Ok, so I have started building my first custom train unit - finally got the hang of both blender, and the methods to model a reasonably good looking train, but now up to the interior. After doing hours of searching, I have learnt how to add the attachment points for the controls etc, but can anyone help me with what is probably one of the first things I should of worried about... What attachment point should be used to attach the interior to the actual loco? On the main loco mesh, I know it is "a.cabfront" (I temporarily added another cab interior to check this), but within the interior mesh, what is the attachment point to link "a.cabfront" to ??? Have searched for - what seems like - ever and havn't worked it out :/

Thanks in advance

Chris :)

Usually the attached meshes are attached with their origin to the attachment point. The axes of the attached mesh are aligned to the (possibly rotated) axes of the attachment point.

Peter

Usually the attached meshes are attached with their origin to the attachment point. The axes of the attached mesh are aligned to the (possibly rotated) axes of the attachment point.

Peter

Thanks, I literally just found out from another source.

For the benefit of others:
Use the same attachment point as before "a.cabfront", and align that point AND the same position of the interior mesh to the 0,0,0 origin. It's working great now :D

Back