Track ripples, like water

guy007

A familiar problem for me is the track just in front of a loco which ripples, like it was made of water instead of steel. I've had the same problem both with Trainz 2013 and with the new TANE, so I'm guessing it's a hardware problem.
Intel i7 CPU 920@2.67 cHz
Memory 6 GB
Windows 7, version 64 Home Premium
Card: Nvidia 660
Monitor: Asus VS248H-A24.

I think these specs meet the "recommended" new list for Tane Am I correct that my rippling track is a hardware problem? If so, what do I need to upgrade? Thanks. Guy

This is maybe a setting issue for your video card. You can increase the anti-aliasing in game from none to 2x, or perhaps 4x and see if that helps. Also check the 3d-performance settings in the NVidia Control Panel. You can do this by changing the visual settings from performance to quality or in between. They show a preview for this to help you choose. If you want to be a bit more gutsy, you can try the manual settings as well.

Keep in mind that this can cause a drop in performance so might want to start at the lowest settings first.

John

John, thank you. Changing the performance setting to Quality did the trick, no more ripples. The track now looks wonderful. Guy

Back