Tip for those that are with Spectrum internet.

jjslll54

Member since Nov 2001
Hello,

I've been with Spectrum internet for years and in the last few days could not download anything from the download station. I called them tonight and asked if they could check my router and modem to see if that was the reason for getting "connection interrupted" messages for the reason for not being able to download. I had already tried unplugging and resetting on my own. Turns out there is a feature within the modem they can turn on to fix the issue. I forgot what they called it but it is something that has to done from their end. If you are having download issues and are on Spectrum internet give them a call and have them check your equipment. They said the feature helps with certain types of internet web sites to make it easier to communicate. Hope this helps some of you. Not sure why the hostthenpost dot org box is on the bottom of my post. Moderators, if you can see it and remove it that would be fine. I didn't put it there.

Jack

Last edited:
Another tip... If you have had an account for a while check to see if there are any "improved" plans available at the same cost. As tech improves they are always upping what you get for the money (faster speeds for same cost.) They don't do this automatcially for you, you must ask to be put on the "new" "upgraded" plan. Also you should know if your account is "limited" or "throttled" in any way. And use a speed check tool to check your upload/download speed at least every couple days just to see if any "speed loss" (throttling) is there.....

Not sure if things have changed. I called them about a year and half ago to have them check something. I own my modem and router and the tech told me they are not allowed to access my equipment.

Not sure if things have changed. I called them about a year and half ago to have them check something. I own my modem and router and the tech told me they are not allowed to access my equipment.

If that's in reply to my post about better speeds for same money... It's not your hardward that is the issue. It's simply the speed they provide you. in my case they (Spectrum) literally had to set a parameter in my account which provided access to the higher speeds. Much higher. I already had a "better than average" speed (account) because I do websites as work and I need good/fast connections. But they had simply "upgraded" the plan and current customers were not automatically provided the faster speeds. Again, it's an account thing. Not a hardware thing.

This is because you own your modem. If you were using their modem, then they could access it.

I just moved to a location that doesn't have Xfinity, which I used for almost two decades. Now, I am using Spectrum. So far, the experience has been better than what I had before. Price is much less for better connectivity. I found out from having a free tech visit, a straight run from the pole, to the junction box should not have any splitters or anything, and try to have just a single run to cable modem. Once that was cleared up, things are just at their best ever. I am using their modem, but I added eero 6+ WiFi/router to split the internet to devices and my PC. For television, I just decided, for now, to use Directv Stream. I get quite a variety of 'channels' to watch with that on smart television, Roku, tablets, phones, etc., up to 20 devices. I wanted to know if someone can tell me what you get with Prime Video, without subscribing to 'channels', what does it come with by default?

As for using your own modem, versus the provider, don't buy a cheap unit, and make sure it is able to have firmware updates, to ensure future speeds are available. Don't go DOCSIS 3.0, as they now have 3.1, and soon 4.0 will be out.

We used to have Comcast but we switched to EPB(Electric Power Board) due to customer service being slow and our internet is much faster now

Back